17

L I L Y

L I L Y

I switch my position around on the bed to try and get comfortable again, but before I can, a warm chest stops me from moving too much.

My eyes slowly open, blinking in order to get used to the bright light. I look in front of me to see Mason fast asleep.

I realize I have to use the restroom, so I slip out of his arms that are wrapped around me and head into my bathroom. I do my business, then brush my hair and teeth.

As i'm doing so, I think of what Mason told me last night. He likes me.

Not as a friend, but as boyfriend and girlfriend.

I can't believe somebody like him would like somebody like me. He's amazing, at everything, while i'm just...boring. I've been sheltered my whole life, but even I know he could do so much better than me.

Not to mention how good looking he is.

I giggle at how weird my thoughts sound right now.

I had never talked to a boy before I met Mason. Well, except for my dad of course, and maybe some guys at the bookstore. All of this is new to me.

I know that when I think about Mason, I get all fuzzy inside, and when i'm with him, it feels like there are butterflies in my tummy.

Thinking about all of this makes me realize something. Something I should've known last night.

I like Mason.

I walk out of the bathroom and spot Mason laying on the bed, still sound asleep.

I smile and rush over to jump onto the mattress. Mason stirs, but still doesn't wake up, so I crawl over him and straddle his stomach.

I place both of my hands on his face and trace his jawline. "Masey." I whisper. He mumbles something I can't understand, but remains asleep. "Mason! Wake up, I have to tell you something."

His eyes finally start to blink open. Once they are, he stares at me, notices my position on top of him, and smirks. "What are you doing baby?" He asks in his husky morning voice, that he knows I love, as he brings his hands up and places them on each side of my waist.

"I have to tell you something." The excited smile stays glued on my face.

He chuckles and slips his hands just barely under my sweater to rub my bare skin. "Go ahead."

I place my own hands on his chest. "I-"

Just as I begin, my words get cut off by a loud ringing.

He looks at me apologetically, after leaning over to see who's calling. "Do you mind if I answer that?"

My smile falters, but I nod, so he leans over and picks up his phone to answer the call.

"What? I told you not to fucking contact me right now." His voice holds no emotion, and it's like he turned off a switch. His eyes become darker and his jaw clenches as they speak.  "I'll be there soon." And the he hangs up.