23

L I L Y

L I L Y

After I brought Mason to the nurse, his name was called over the intercom.

"Mason James, please report to the principals office."

I frown and look up at Mason, who just rolls his eyes. "Let's go, angel." He stands up from the chair and holds out his hand.

I tilt my head unsurely. "Y-You want me to come with?"

His jaw clenches. "If you're not there, i'll say something that I shouldn't and get in even more trouble."

I nod in understanding and follow him to the principals office. I've never met the principal here. I look around nervously as we enter the front desk area. Mason seems to already know the way to the office so I continue to let him lead me.

"How much trouble will you be in?"

Mason wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me close to his side. "I'll probably be suspended for the rest of the week." He says this as if it's no big deal.

My eyes widen. "That's a long time. Who's gonna pick me up in the morning, and drop me off after school? A-And who's gonna protect me in dodgeball?" I ramble, looking up at him with worry while tugging on the end of his shirt.

His eyes soften. "I'll still be able to pick you up and drop you off, baby. Carter and Noah will look after you in gym. You have nothing to worry about. You're a big girl, remember?" He raises his eyebrows at me as we stop in front of a door.

I pout and shake my head, while he chuckles and leans down to kiss my lips. I pull away a few seconds later to avoid being seen like this.

"You'll be okay, love." He reassures me one last time before opening the door.

The first thing I see is the large desk in the middle of the room. My eyes widen at the man sitting in the chair behind it. He looks scary.

I'm surprised when he speaks, since his voice turns out to be soft and gentle. "Nice to see you again, Mr. James." He chuckles a little.

Mason grunts in reply and I can just see him rolling his eyes. I look at the name tag on the desk.

'Mr. Spencer'

Mr. Spencer clears his throat. "So, I heard you were in yet another fight? This time with a sophomore." He says as he reads through a paper.

Mason scoffs. "He should've kept his mouth shut." He mutters, with his jaw clenched.

Mr. Spencer sits up straighter. "What exactly happened?"

Mason rolls his eyes. "He was being a little bitch-" Mr. Spencer clears his throat, making Mason glare at him. "He was being a pervert, talking about my girl."