34

M A S O NM O N D A Y

M A S O N
M O N D A Y

Matt
they know where she's located and i have a feeling they'll be going after her soon

I sigh in frustration as I read the text.

Fuck.

The assholes are definitely going after Lily soon, I know it.

I can't let anything happen to her. I just can't. If something does, I don't know what i'd do. She's too innocent and naive, I just know it would ruin her. That's why I haven't told her the truth about me being in a gang.

I can't risk her getting hurt.

The people going after Lily is our rival gang. They want to be on top, and since me and my gang already have that position, they'll do anything to take it from us. The title isn't easy to give away, in fact it's impossible unless they somehow grow and become more skilled. But they haven't. And the fuckers never will.

For years they've been looking for something to hold against me. Like I said, my weakness.

I didn't have one until Lily came along.

Now they're gonna use her to try and get my people and I to back down from being the number one gang in America.

You'd think that there would be more than one group trying to go after mine, but no. Just the Bloodhounds. They're the only ones stupid enough.

Every other gang in the this country actually respects us. They know their place.

The Spades, short for Ace of Spades, is what we call ourselves. Once you've joined, you have to get a tattoo of the ace of spades card. It's tradition. One that's been passed down ever since my grandfather created this gang.

Everyone has it, and there are probably around two thousand members all over the country

Everyone has it, and there are probably around two thousand members all over the country. Which is one of the main reasons we're number one.

I send Matt a quick text back.