16

L I L Y

L I L Y

"We'll be fine." I giggle at how worried my dad is.

"Okay pumpkin, but no boys." He pauses and rethinks his words. "Unless it's Mason." He adds, as I lightly push him towards the door.

My parents trust Mason a lot, even after he forgot to pick me up, which then caused me to get sick.

"Go! Momma's waiting." I tell him, finally pushing him out the door.

"Be good and make sure you lock the door behind me! I love you." He calls after me as he walks towards the car where my mom is waiting.

Once they drive away and are out of sight, I close the door and lock it.

Carter should be here any minute-

Right as I say this in my head, the doorbell rings. I don't hesitate to rush back to the door open it.

Carter stands there grinning with a backpack around her shoulders. "Hey bubbles."

"Carter!" I send her an excited smile. I remember she doesn't like hugs, so I skip that part and open the door more for her to enter.

She looks around curiously. "Cute."

I give her a quick tour before bringing her up to my bedroom.

"This is definitely just how I pictured it." She declares with a chuckle.

I giggle as she plops down onto my bed. "What's next?"

~

"You bitch! Get away from my man!" Carter yells at one of the characters on the screen, making me laugh at how pointless it is.

"Carter! They can't hear you!"

She mumbles under her breath, stuffing more chips into her mouth.

We are now, an hour later, watching Teen Wolf on the TV in the living room as we eat junk food.

"Next episode!" Carter shouts.

M A S O N

I tap my foot against the floor and let out a sigh, feeling anxious for some reason.

I stand up for the fifth time and turn to Noah. "What do you think they're doing? Do you think she's okay? Maybe we should go check on them."

So maybe it's not just for 'some reason'.

Noah sighs at my dramatics. "Dude, just go over there. Who cares if Carter doesn't want you to." He shakes his head. "You know what, i'll go with you, okay? Let's go." He stands up from the chair, finally fed up with my constant worrying. He pushes me towards the door and grabs the car keys.