29

L I L YW E D N E S D A Y

L I L Y
W E D N E S D A Y

I thank Carter as I hop out of her car, once we've reached my house. She had to bring me home, since Mason most likely wouldn't. I honestly didn't have the confidence to even try asking.

I haven't spoken to him since this morning. I didn't see him at school either, not even in the classes we have together. So he must've left.

I open my bedroom door and sigh.

Having a boyfriend is harder than I thought it would be. It's only been a couple days and we've already had an argument.

I take off the clothes I wore to school and head over to my closet. My mood dampens when I see Mason's hoodie, but I decide to wear it anyways.

Maybe it'll help me feel better.

I don't need to worry about pants, since the hoodie is long enough to be a dress on me.

I head over to my bed and begin to do some of my homework, while also trying to distract myself from him. But his smell practically floats around me with this hoodie on.

What if I text him? Maybe then he'll talk to me, I think, giving up completely on trying to avoid him.

I pull out my phone and open up his contact.

Lily
Are you still mad at me?

I wait about thirty minutes for him to text me back, but he never does.

This argument shouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have tried anything in the hallway, and I definitely shouldn't have acted like such a baby.

My thoughts make me feel a sudden determination. One that will hopefully help get him to speak to me. I pull on a pair of leggings and slip on my shoes, before grabbing my phone and heading down the stairs.

"Momma?" I walk into the kitchen to see her working on dinner.

"Hi honey." She turns around to smile at me.

"Can I please go to Mason's? It's not a far walk from here."

She looks hesitant. "By yourself? Can't he come pick you up?"

I shake my head. "I wanted to surprise him momma. We got into an argument and I need to talk to him. Please?" I beg, using puppy dog eyes to convince her.

She sighs, giving in. "Fine, but i'm dropping you off."

It only takes us about fifteen minutes to reach his house, and when we do, I say bye to my mom and hop out of the car. She tells me to let her know if I need to be picked up, but hopefully that won't be necessary.