37

(a/n: while editing i decided to change the timeline a little, cause a month felt like too long :/)! TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of rape !

! TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of rape !

M A S O N

As i'm seated in the chair behind my desk, my head resting in my hands, all I can think about is her.

It's only been two weeks without Lily, but fuck, it feels like so much longer.

Matt's still working with the video to hopefully find their location, and I think we're getting somewhere. They haven't sent anymore though, which i'm grateful for. I don't think I could stomach the sight of her being hurt again.

There's only so much we could get from the actual video, but Matt was able to do some coding, and somehow hacked into their security system. That should lead us to the answer we desperately need.

I haven't eaten much. I usually just spend the whole day sitting in this exact spot at my desk. I've constantly been doing as much research as possible, but honestly i've felt useless. My gang is doing most of the work, just because the people I hired are the very best at their jobs.

And I can barely do anything without breaking down.

I wonder if she's okay. Though I doubt it, with what she's been through. But my girl is strong. I know she is.

Lily has to be okay, cause I truly can't imagine my life without her.

Before she came I was hopeless. Nobody could fix me. Not Alex, or Noah. No one.

Until my angel came along.

When I saw her almost getting hurt by those dumbass football players, I wanted to rip them apart. I don't know what it was. Something about the way she looked, so innocent and sweet, made me want her.

If I don't get her back, i'll officially be a lost cause. She makes me a better person. Way better than who I was before.

I run my hands through my messy hair, and stand up from my desk, deciding that I should take a shower. Which is surprising, since I haven't had the motivation to even get up recently.

I reach the bathroom, and as soon as I look at my reflection through the mirror, what I see doesn't shock me.

I have stubble on my face that i've been too lazy to shave and the circles under my eyes are darker than usual, only showing how tired I am.

I roll my eyes at how much of a mess I am. Lily would be disappointed with me for not taking care of myself. The thought of her scolding me brings a small smile to my face, one that hasn't appeared in weeks.

After i've finished showering, and shaving, I get dressed and head downstairs. The place is clean, as if nothing happened, meaning the maids must've gotten rid of the mess I made. I make myself a sandwich and take a seat at the bar-like counter in the kitchen.