Chapter 1: Lucy

↪ This book can be found on Wattpad on this account and perhaps a small old portion of it on Amino under the same name. If found on any other accounts and sites, please inform me.

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

Natsu's P.O.V

All the drama and hardship was over: E.N.D, Zeref, Black Magic. All of that. It was all over, finally. There was finally peace in this world, so I had time to think about the future. I got the advice from Mirajane to get a ring of some sort. She and Lisanna explained to me about surprising her with the ring on a thing called a date. It's not like I'm that unfamiliar with that. It's just, I never really thought about it or got it for that matter. "It's when you hang out with her, but in a different kind of way than you normally do," Lisanna tried explaining. I can't say that I understood. I really didn't follow. "I don't get it, isn't it just like hanging out with her normally, then you can just say hang out. What's the difference?" I asked, confused.

"No you're not getting it, Natsu. You can be so dense sometimes," Lisanna said with a exhausted tone. Anybody could see explaining to me was frustrating to her.

"There is a difference Natsu," Mirajane said, smiling.

"How?" I quickly asked in a challenging way.

"You see as friends would just hang out, a date is well... in a way it's different," She explained and began her lecture.

I understood. Well a little actually, but I understood some what! We went through the plan after that. The thing is, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

All these details are so confusing, every single thing I had to do for her. I didn't know there were all these things girls expected; it was so much! I guess it was all worth it.

Lucy's P.O.V

I had just arrived. The guild was lively as ever. Natsu was talking to Lisanna and Mira at the bar. For some reason Natsu looked very confused.

Well. He always looks confused when someone gets to explain something to him. Actually, depends on what they're talking about. I giggled lightly at the thought.

I sat down, finding myself deep in thought. Quite a restless topic to say the least and I would rather not tell anybody about it. I think I should tell them... No, I can't tell them...

My mother had died from a illness, that couldn't be cured. At that time she was thirty years old...?

Thirty was the age the illness takes its victims and kill them slowly.

How am I supposed to tell them that whoever has that disease their children have ninety-percent chance of inheriting that same disease?

The first symptom was constantly feeling tired, feeling drowsiness and dizziness. I've been getting that. The next was coughing up blood. That will get everybody's attention so I should probably keep my distance.