Chapter 25: Succeed

[Under Editing]

Chopper was surprised to hear the door open in his office with bang. He stared at the scene with wide eyes. 

Lucy was unconscious and barely breathing. Natsu, just as shocked, wanted to run to Lucy right that second. 

However, Natsu didn't. He  tried to carefully walk, nonetheless in a rush to Porlyusica. She was taking off the makeshift tool from him. 

It looked almost exactly like a needle used to inject people. Though it was more than just that. This was a dangerous tool that they made for a specific situation. He had to focus and tire himself just memorizing what to do for Chopper once something like this to happen. Someone with a bad memory like himself had to work hard.

Chopper and Porlyusica immediately took action and rushed to help. They instructed Jellal and Nami on what to do.

"Put Lucy on the bed here right now," Porlyusca said. 

They placed her down as gently as they could. Once did, Chopper examined her. His face seemed very serious once he finished his examination. 

"As I thought." He whipped his head to Natsu and Porlyusica. "We have to start the operation now!"

Nami's eyes widened, "Operation!?"

The three members were sweating as of now, moving place to place. An oxygen pump was put on - at least, what looked like an oxygen pump. Chopper had explained it was a gas to make her feel numb; Porlyusica helped make it with magic. It was more effective than his tonic.

Porlyusica and Natsu intoxicated her with several injections for several reasons they couldn't explain. It would help them and Lucy, included, through the whole process.

The Fairy Tail members had only been able to see that when Nami and Chopper pushed them out of the room. Chopper was still on his nerves for one reason and one reason only: "We have to do this operation or the virus will kill her. If we don't do it now, she'll only have a few hours to live."

Nami understood, but seemed to be on edge. 

"There's something else too, isn't there?" Jellal seemed to read Nami's mind.

Chopper looked down in discomfort. "Yes, there is. We expected this to happen a little later on, but she probably drained most of her magic. Her magic is one of the sources of the virus." He paused and closed his eyes shut, "We didn't get to prepare as much for the operation. We thought we had more time."

Chopper's voice was shaky and that was unsettling to hear from someone who played a big hand in saving their friend's life.

"You're not prepared?" Nami questioned in horror, covering her mouth with her hands.

"In other words, you're..." Jellal trailed off.

There was an ominous silence, but Chopper finally said it.

"Yes, I'm... we don't know if this will work or not. It's a forty-percent chance the operation with be a success."

 [-]

Erza waited patiently for Lucy to enter the room - wherever that room was. She only heard the steady breathing from the man on the other line. The women she heard speaking to him left to go call her friends.

"What's taking Nami taking so long?" Luffy complained, loud enough for even Sanji to hear.

"Stop whining!" Sanji exclaimed, "Nami can take as long as she wants. You should know how to wait for a lady." 

Preaching this, Sanji somehow ended up blushing over his fantasies. They decided to ignore the weird comments he mumbled out about his beloved 'Nami-swan'. He quickly stopped when he heard the women speak. 

"She might be able to take her time, but I am not willing to wait another ten minutes." Her voice sent shivers down his spine, scaring him. He almost dropped the speaker.

"Right... right ma'am." He stuttered and spoke fast, afraid he might say something wrong.

For those with her, it was even more scary since they were inches away from her. Her dark expression made everyone uncomfortable and uneasy. Not to mention, there were swords that manifested out of nowhere behind them. Meredy and Luffy swallowed and stood frozen afraid they would do something wrong, afraid to take one step and be 'accidentally' impaled.

Zoro stood calmly, a hand reaching for his swords. It was a subconscious reflex, because he sensed danger. 

Juvia stood next to him. She shifted behind him and held onto his shoulder with both hands. She gulped, trembling as she did. She knew better to make Erza angry.

On the other line, Sanji was frozen. He begged desperately for himself the stunning Lucy and beautiful Nami to enter the room for the sake of his life and also because he missed them now. 

He understood somewhat of the situation, and didn't mind seeing the other beauties, when another women and Robin arrived.

Lucy couldn't make it, something must have happened.

Not what he was expecting, but definitely good enough. He didn't want to find himself murdered by this Erza. Actually, it was amazing! 

Sanji stared.

"Wow!" Once Levy came into arms ranged, he had mumbled that. 

She was about to speak, but she was interrupted by Sanji. He bend down on his knees and took her hand. 

"You are such a cute young lady." He complimented, looking up at he with heart-filled eyes. "I wish you could see what I see: an adorable and beautiful maiden before me!" 

Levy seemed quite surprised at the sudden behavior. "Uh, thank you, but can I talk to Erza now."

"Levy! Is that you?" She saw a snail with an odd appearance, but assumed that was like a lacrima. She ran to it and said in a rushed, tired voice. "Yes, Erza, it's me. I need to tell you something. Lucy told me just in time!"

"Levy calm down and speak clearly. What happened to Lucy!?"

"Lucy fainted! Don't worry, we have Porlyusica and another doctor that will help her. Natsu's there too."

"Oh, that's a relief." 

Levy heard a sigh, but Erza was skilled in staying serious. "Then tell me, what did Lucy tell you? It seems to be urgent."

"Yes." Levy nodded, her eyebrows furrowed. "We found Warrens location, but..." She trailed off, not wanting to believe it herself. Lucy's last words before she fainted was:

"Warren's in trouble."

"What? What happened to him!?"

"He... he lost control. His magic was somehow affected by the blast and he lost control of his magic. He landed in some town and his magic caused damage and injuries to the people. He was captured and subdued by those Marines. They locked him up and what's worst is that he can't wake up. He's stuck in his own magic!" Levy was so disturbed by the news. Her voice was shaky and her throat hurt trying to keep in a single tear.

Of course, she had to put two and two together to come to this conclusion herself, but he still couldn't understand how this could happen.

"Levy, listen to me." Erza's voice revealed a lot about her state. She was calm yet determined; she was powerful enough to get everyone's attention. 

Levy could merely answer meekly. "Yes?"

"We're going to find and help Warren. We're going to save Lucy." 

"We're going to succeed."