Chapter 42: Stutter

I made this one EXTREMELY long, since I've taken so long to update recently.

They heard a groan and only then noticed that it was quiet. There wasn't a sound.

He wasn't snoring.

Lucy widened her eyes looking directly at her younger brother. "His awake?" she mouthed, still not able to comprehend what she was going to do. She felt so awkward. The blonde haired young lady didn't know how to react to him waking up. Was she simply to thank him? No, that wasn't nearly enough to express her gratitude. Of course she was very worried and if it wasn't for her conflicted state she would've immediately ran over to him. That or being that she could no longer run let alone stand on her own two feet.

A sudden warm sensation was felt on her hand and she immediately lifted her head up. Brown glassy eyes met raven coloured eyes. Luffy nodded his head as he took his hand away slowly. He pointed towards her right.

She inhaled deeply before releasing a shaky exhale. She stiffly but slowly turned her position only to be see Natsu slowly regaining conscious. Her body moved on its own where she sat, which was only inches away from his position. She turned the other way, shutting her eyes close.

"Natsu," she said softly, which was barely audible. Her words echoed throughout the almost empty room. It seemed like a desolated space if one were to stay there, even if there were three individuals present.

She found the courage to look at his waking figure one more.

Her breath hitched as she looked at his state once more. He still looked tired. A bandaged arm and her memories drifted to the words the ships doctor said.

"What's wrong Chopper?" she asked him. Everyone had left the room by then and Luffy and herself only remained. In a way she came here for a check up. Chopper needed to give the needed medicine and such. It was odd how Chopper was seeming to be troubled.

Chopper didn't want to give the answer to Lucy of all people. Though he had to tell her and the others. "It's about Natsu," Chopper said slowly. "Natsu?" Lucy asked worriedly.

Chopper nodded briefly. "I'm a bit worried about his health. His... pushed himself to his limits. I'm worried since he lost quite a lot of blood and drained himself to the last drip of his magic," he said just as worried as Lucy was. Chopper spoke lowly, "Lucy, he could've died. Just to save you he was willing to die, for you."

Lucy knew that Natsu would risk his life to help his friends. It was just Natsu being Natsu. Though, it wasn't that simple. She forced herself to look away and tears warmed her cheeks. Luffy was confused at that.

"Lucy," he asked raising an eyebrow as his face twisted in his childlike expression of confusion. Though it was quite fair to say that he was childish since Luffy was one of the youngest in his pirate crew.

Lucy wiped her tears as she managed to croak out one final sentence, "Take me away please."

Her voice was weak.

Luffy didn't bother asking why, all he knew was that he had to listen to her. He had an automatic response to do whatever his big sister told him to do. It was only Lucy that had that effect on him as said before. "Okay," he said shrugging.

He took a hold of the wheelchair she was sitting in and surprisingly stayed quiet the entire walk outside. He closed the door with a slight creak.

"Where do you want me to take you?" he asked curiously. He suddenly perked up, "Can I take you back to the food?"

Lucy would've laughed at his question if not for her mood. She looked straight ahead not able to look at the boy behind her. She didn't want to look at anybody either way. Not in the state she was. She didn't want Luffy to see her this way. She was too ashamed.