Chapter 29: Signal

Wendy worked hard in her new position as part of the Marines. They had been really nice to her and she also witnessed a few pirate attacks. She would help, but she didn't want to catch any attention, so she stayed put. Thankfully there weren't any injuries or deaths, but she could tell that they weren't close to the dangerous pirates.

She would always here about bounties on the pirates and heard a few tales about the pirates she should really watch out for. Most of the crew got along with her well enough to work with. A plus for them was that she was experienced at healing people, like a doctor.

Of course, she didn't use her magic to heal them, basic aid would be better to say. Then again, the injuries they got were never serious.

Maybe now and then newcomers would get seasick, and she helped or maybe there was someone who just fell or cut themselves by accident. That was all.

She could've just stayed in the town to look for Gajeel and Gray, but the offer she got she couldn't just pass.

She might regret it, but she would just say it was for the best. Her thought increased more once she arrived to the next island.

It was for the best. Why she was then, certain that it was for the best? The sight she had seen was definitely worth it.

She had come with the rest of the Marine officers to one of their bases. It was a small base that it actually just looked like some medium house or something. Though the man that brought her here said they were sent here to see a prisoner. So, it's a jail or prison here then.

She walked in silence with the man, but then she spoke up, "Why are we going to a prisoner?"

The man smiled at her, "Well, this man had attacked the place out of nowhere, but they captured him. He woke up recently and he behaved himself quite well. That's why they are giving him a trial," he explained about the man, but Wendy became more confused than ever.

"Woke up? Was he in a coma?" She asked her voice showing off her confusion.

"Yes, he passed out after attacking the town and he recently woke up. We are to take him under our wing. He seemed like a reasonable person, since he wasn't in his senses at the time he attacked. Or at least that's what I heard." The man chuckled at his own comment, being his usual calm and nice self.

"But till date, when you let me in the ship, you taught me some of the laws and such. According to those laws I've heard - is this situation even possible?" Wendy made a good point.

The others behind them agreed with her, nodding and humming 'hmph'.

"My thoughts exactly, but since this is such a small base it doesn't really have the budget to keep so many prisoners. It's full and his a especially dangerous one compared to the low-class criminals here. We were ordered not only to give him a job, but the goal is to observe and watched him." The kind Marine that Wendy trusted the most, explained.

"Besides they say his quite sane," he said happily, breaking the tension that had been weighing them down. They arrived at the specific prison room only to find two Marine officers guarding the place.

"Is this the prisoner?" He walked towards them to have a look. He put on a professional act as he checked the prisoner.

"Yes, his a odd one though. He keeps babbling on about guilds and magic. Something about finding his friends, "one of the officers said.

"Oh?" He said still observing the man.

He looked at Wendy and made a hand signal for her to come to him. She was in shock at what the Marine had said but came closer obviously wanting to see if her assumption was right.

The exact person she needed was right before her eyes. She felt a sense of excitement.

"Warren?" She whisper-shouted enough for only the said man to hear.

He looked up from the ground towards the voice and his eyes widened, "Wen...Wendy?"

The kind Marine spoke up, "Ah so I was right. You are Levy and Jellal's friends."

Ever since then they had been together on a ship looking for the rest of the members. Warren being a big help.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Erza wanted to so badly do something very violent and what made her even more angry was that she had to stop herself from doing so.

"Hey! Erza!? Erza!?" He laughed his usual childish laugh yet adult...ish at the same time. He bothered her for the whole trip.

He's worse than Natsu. Worse than Natsu and Gray combined!

Her eyes twitched and her head slowly moved to face him. "What?" She almost commanded instead of asked. Luffy felt something that just screamed: don't mess with her.

He swallowed. He dared speaking and usually Natsu would just dismiss any thought and leave,"I'm hungry...could we stop somewhere to eat.", he said and looked at her,"...mam.",he quickly spoke.She stared for awhile and he stayed frozen place and Merody thought that she would have to clean a body sooner or later.

Zorro and Juvia were too deep in a conversation to pay attention,that and they didn't want to get involved in that.

Though by conversation it meant that Juvia spoke,while Zorro only listened to her.It was a suprise that he didn't just walk away.Then again there were way too much surprises the past few days.

I wonder how Gray would react to this.

Melody couldn't imagine what would happen between Gray and Juvia.Melody stares at them,"They sure look like there having fun.",she mumbled.A thought popped in her head and she gasped quietly.

What if Juvia gave up on Gray and now...

She looked at Zorro as she frowned.Are those two...?She shook her head.No that can't be.

Or...

She looked quite confused at this point.She tried shaking the thought off,but it remained stuck in her head.

She continued to look at the pair,but what she saw caused her to turn quickly away and cover her mouth with her hands.

She saw Juvia clasping her hands with Zorro's big hands.

"Oh dear,Oh dear,Oh dear,Oh dear,Oh dear...",she mumbled repeatedly walking away.She decided to go back to Erza and Luffy.

"Really!",Juvia exclaimed happily,she took Zorro's hands,clasping their hands together in excitement.

Zorro hesitantly nodded his head not quite expecting her to do that.He just said he would help her and she got all excited.He had a usual frown on his face as a sweat dropped of his forehead.He wasn't very fond of physical contact or any...best friendly... moments...?

"So you will actually help Juvia make Gray-sama jealous!",Juvia exclaimed only them hearing her words.With that Zorro looked to his side saying he would,noticing the pink haired female walking in a hurried rate.

Zorro just shrugged it off looking back at his new friend.