Chapter 45: Juvia's operation

Warning: !Long Chapter Ahead!

"I'm leaving, soon," Lucy said slowly as Luffy's eyes widened. He swallowed down his food forcefully before he could say anything. "Wha..." Luffy trailed off with a look of confusion. "Why? Can't you stay for a bit more?" he whined. He didn't want her to leave. Just when he thought he lost all of his siblings, one came back and he couldn't even stay just a little bit longer with her. He couldn't talk to her like the old days. He couldn't catch up with her and tell her all about his adventures.

He was disappointed. Not in her, but on the little time they had together. When they were younger they were all together. They wanted to be together, but look at their future now. One by one all left and distanced. First Lucy, then Sabo and after that Ace. Lucy came back though. It made him feel pure euphoria, happy, bliss and overwhelmed.

Now, he had to say goodbye. He was used to how Ace and him separated. He knew they would be brothers forever. How Ace left and said goodbye. How he gave that blank piece of paper. How he said he wanted to make White beard the king of the Pirates. He was used to it. He was confident. Now, he had to get used to it again.

Lucy had another family. She was going to support her family. Likewise, Ace supported his new family, the White Beard pirates. Her new family was Fairy Tail. He accepted that. He wasn't particularly sad over giving her over to Fairy Tail. It was simple. He knew he wasn't giving her over to them. He was nearly going over the responsibility to them of protecting her.

Lucy still considered him a little brother. Her bundling kid brother.

The blonde Celestial Mage frowned, "Luffy. We have to go soon. There are others waiting for us in the Mage era too, you know."

"Lulu." Luffy was clinging onto her. His eyes dramatically filled with literal waterfalls. "Luffy! Stop that! She's still exhausted and recovering for the surgery!" Chopper panicked. Wendy was right beside Chopper as well. "I want to hang out with you more!"

"Luffy, stop that. We can still keep talking. I'm sure there's a way to communicate with each other," Lucy said as she wanted to laugh at his reaction. Your so dramatic and hyper as always.

She felt bad for leaving him again. It wasn't a lie that the others were waiting for her. Waiting to see a healthy Lucy walk through the doors of Fairy Tail. She didn't want to say that people were going to come after her. He would try something reckless if she told him. She knew he would do something reckless either way, but she would halt the inevitable. Even if it was for a little bit.

"Yeah, like lacrima!" suggested Wendy with a smile. Lucy nodded. "You've mentioned that before. What is lacrima?" Ussop inquired with curiosity. His eyebrow raised as a hand went into his chin. "It's a magic item we use. Things like spell preparation and communication. It can be used by anyone and there is a lot of different uses for it. There's even a tanning lacrima!"

"Wow. That's pretty cool, so you can use it as communication? How?" Ussop asked. He found it very interesting. These kind of things fascinated him as an inventor and sniper. He had quite a creative mind and found these stuff very useful. Prior, those tools in Sky Island and the plants where he trained.

"It would actually be better to show you," Lucy said. "Do we have lacrima? We lost all out supplies." Levy looked at Lucy perplexedly.

"I gues-"

"Princess. I've retrieved lacrima," a female's voice spoke with a monotone. Her appearance came so suddenly that most of the people had flinched or jumped up. Then again most of the people there were Straw Hats. Most of Fairy Tail was used to Lucy's rather free spirits popping out of nowhere. Although, Max and Warren were ever so slightly suprised.