Chapter 23: One Step Closer

[Under Editing]

"Finally some food!" Luffy exclaimed, forgetting - as usual - that there was a certain scarlet knight close by. Though Erza wasn't focused on that right now.

Zoro sat down and clasped hands behind his head, in a lax manner. "So then, how do you plan on contacting our crew ship anyway?" He asked nonchalantly.

Juvia came with some food they ordered and put the two bowls down on the table. She sat next to Zoro and gave the second bowl to him. He nodded as thanks.

Juvia thaen waited for Melody to sit next to her as well. Melody came soon after. With everyone present at the table, Erza finally spoke, "That's what I'm asking you, Zoro. Us? We use something called lacrima to contact, but I don't have that. We need to use your worlds means of communicating."

Zoro raised an eyebrow. "A snail communicator?" Zorro asked.

"Is that what you called it? I saw some people using it," she said, drinking her tea. She was really calm, unlike the others Zoro has met. All of them seemed so worried, they couldn't even hide how worried they were, but the scarlet swordsman seemed so calm.

Juvia looked at the curious Zoro. "Erza's way of worrying is a little different you see," Juvia said.

"She's got complete fate in Natsu and the others to protect Lucy." The water mage smiled at Zoro.

Zoro looked at her, then put his gaze on the bowl in front of him and ate.

[-]

"Now we just need to find one, right?" Melody spoke for the first time.

They ate, but she hasn't spoken once. Now, currently, they were walking to the shore.

"It's easier if we could contact Warren." Erza sighed.

This group she ended up with wasn't particularly... motivated.

"The only place you could get one is..." Erza said, but as she paused, she waited for Zoro to continue.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "The Marines? But for that, we have to pick a fight with them. Though, on the other hand, we could ask some people around here."

"Nuh, picking a fight sounds more fun," Luffy said as helaughed.

Erza glared at him, her image turning dark and scary. She had that scary face on again. What's worse was that the target was the poor captain.

Luffy was laughing.

Oh dear god, he's going to get himself killed. Melody and Zorro had the same thought.

Erza seemed to calm down when she got a realization. "Wait, does your crew have one as well? If not, this would be pointless?"

Zorro thought for a while before responding, "I'm not sure. Never really paid attention."

He might not have been too truthful. He remembered the times they used it in the past, but he wasn't sure if it was a dream or reality. He slept that much that he forgot at times. He didn't want to get their hopes up, so he simply said he didn't know.

He really was forgetful at the worst times and his captain wasn't any better - actually worse.

"We're just going to find out then. It's better then doing nothing." Luffy said getting ready to start his daily ruckus.

"Wait, we should ask aro--" Melody put her hands forward to stop him, but before she could reach for him, he was gone. He ran grinning and shouting some sort of war cry.