Chapter 14: I Hope You're Fine

"You better not go out there. They might think you're criminals going with the Straw Hat pirates!" a marine exclaimed solemnly, but slightly jokingly said. He really thought this was a joke and he wanted it to be.

"That's really nice of you, mister. Of all the marines, you're the best. You took care of us, but we have to go now. Our friends are on that ship," the blue haired bookworm said.

It was fun. Having these people as friends and looking out for them was a pleasure for the marine. He couldn't have been happier.

"Wait, you're serious about this!" he exclaimed, clearly shocked. He tried calming himself. The red tattooed male smiled and wad the first to walk out. Levy gave the man one last glance — smiling — before waving and then following after Jellal.

She caught up fast and stood beside the aforementioned male. "The plan ready?" she inquired. "As soon as Panther Lily comes and had succeeded. The plan will be underway," he answered calmly. They nodded at each other and went their separate ways.

The man watched as they separated and suddenly smiled. "Gutsy youths." He chuckled, letting them do their thing.

Meanwhile, the marine ships neared the pirate ship and they shot at them. One of those who shot with the canons was none other than the tattooed man himself.

He waited for the signal.

Levy looked through the telescope allowing her to search the sky. She was looking for Lily.

And soon, she spotted the black cat; albeit, she wouldn't say it was bad luck at all. Far from it.

Her determined gaze and her focus on the plan. She faced her right and took a mirror out.

Jellal felt a blinding light in his eyes. Squinting his eyes, he knew it was time.

"Are you sure about this?" asked one of the crew members, the doctor. "It's actually fine with me. We're pirate's after all. They already expect these things from us, so there's nothing to lose." The blond cook, who had spoken, blew out some smoke.

"Okay then, let's do this. It's a win-win if we do this anyway," she said. The pink haired woman sighed, "You humans are always so reckless — no matter the era."

She'd sighed several times the day and she'd do it again. The elder woman decided to pick a quieter place. Those who would come would soon join her, in any case.

Therefore, Porlyusca found herself speaking to an unconscious young lady. Breathing steadily, but small drips of sweat forming. Her fave paled by magic deficiency. "Her temperature was normal," she mumbled, checking up on her. "Don't worry, child. Help has arrived." Porlyusca, despite the good news, frowned.

"Get ready," Jellal warned Levy, since he couldn't predict what would happen now. "What do you think they have planned?" Levy enquired worryingly. She was a bit nervous. "Not sure," he replied without — or just shielding — his own worries.

They stood at the ship's railing. Once Lily landed there, he silently gave the mirror signal to the Straw Hats' ship. After a few seconds, they were grabbed by arms that came out of nowhere! Almost like blooming flowers, just a little bit creepy at first.

It was shocking, but they had to go with it either way. The three pretended as if they were putting all their strength in breaking free. Levy let out a scream to get the marines' attention, which succeeded. They tried to help, but the situation was resembling too much like a hostage take-over.

"Let us through or they will be killed! Don't try to free them or we will squeeze them until their bones are crushed!" They heard a man shout out the warning.