Chapter 8: The Day Before

Lucy's P.O.V

"I'll show you around Lucy! They really interesting and you made fun of me about having a crew," Luffy said happily and looked quite proud of his crew members. "So you even have a musician then?" I smirked, this place has been the perfect place to get back to my normal self. I feel like myself again, but I don't know.

Though Natsu probably noticed that I'm more quiet than usual. The medicine has been doing very well, keeping my disease in check. I don't cough out blood, but I do have some coughing fits. I've been given a strict schedule of rest, so I don't feel as to faint. Albeit, I still feel dizzy and drowsy at times. The feeling of something dragging me down was still present. The feeling that I felt when we were in Fiore was still present.

It was the same thing as the day Natsu asked me on a date.

It took me awhile to process my own thoughts. Repeating like a broken radio, quite literally.

Natsu asked me on a date.

Natsu... me... on... date.

Natsu... on... date.

Natsu... date.

Natsu asked me on a date!!

As my worried weren't directed at my disease. I'm thinking straight towards the past actions I've done. Typically I felt heat rush towards my cheeks. This feeling was so cliché to say the least, but real.

I shaked the thoughts off and put all my attention on Luffy.

He was giving me a somewhat tour of his ship, the Sunny. He was never the responsibility type, but I was told that Luffy respects me so much so that he is a whole different person when it comes to me.

I still see the goofy side of my little brother and he still seems carefree to me. He isn't that different to his said usual self when around me. The only difference being that he listens to me, apparently. He even takes responsibility for his actions and restricts himself a bit, as said by Ace. As said by Luffy's mother.

"Yeah, his name's Brook! h
He is so cool. Oh! And his a skeleton too." Luffy excitedly pointed out.

I looked at him as if he was crazy, "As in his as skinny as a skeleton or is he literally a skeleton."

I crossed my arms.

A surprising laugh had startled me; the laugh being funny to hear as well. Following after the hearty laugh was, "That's me. I'm indeed a skeleton."

As promised there was a skeleton introducing himself to me.

If not for me keeping my wits I would have freaked out, big time. My eyes widened in shock, "Wow you weren't joking!"

"Woah! Cool!!" Natsu poked the odd being before us. He seemed to be kind, nonetheless. Well mannered he was as he bowed, "I would like it if you refrained from poking my face. Although, I don't have a face, it's all bones!"

He laughed and I swear I could hear drums when he exclaimed, "Skull joke!"

"I know right!"Luffy chuckled and put his hands on his hips in triumph.

A glance at Natsu was all it took for me to feel the uncomfortable chirping of my stomach. A cliché feeling that I admitted I wanted to feel. Though, now wasn't the right time. I shaked it off one more time.

"Maybe you picked well. Maybe you didn't. I'll tell you once we finish the tour." I wanted to tease him, "I want to thank Chopper for the pills, you know that help Natsu with his motion sickness problem."

"Oh, come on! Not even impressed!" Luffy put his hands up in frustration. He was pouty for the rest of the tour and would get excited everytime he introduced members individually. He got excited showing me his 'seat', which was the Sunny's head.