Chapter 18: Scary

"Wow! How'd your swords change into different ones!" Monkey D Luffy exclaimed, seemingly amazed and excited over Erza's requip magic.

"Are you sure he is your captain?" Erza raised an eyebrow, doubting that such a person would be a bad guy/villain/scoundrel? And there were times pirates were actually nice - she'd seen it herself - but a captain needed certain qualities to be a leader. This young man in front of her had a child-like demeanor more than a respectable captain who led his crew through thick and thin. Maybe she was wrong on her judgement, but she stood her ground on first impressions.

Currently, they were still in fighting-stance yet they conversed in that state of defense. Erza wasn't exactly judging the 'captain' by appearance and personality alone.  No, that's not the reason she questioned the boy's role as captain.

It was just: he had such a friendly vibe coming off of him.

She couldn't explain. She glanced at him and just had this feeling. It was odd to picture these people as villains. She, incomprehensible to her, just had a feeling once she took a good look at the two - despite the clear intimidating face the swordsman she fought against had.

They reminded her of someone she knew. Then again, everyone had this feeling. Some people had those kind of nostalgia or memories that resurface. But it didn't mean she could trust them fully just yet. Betrayal could happen even by the closest of friends, but this wasn't a red flag to all people.

It's not like she would trust someone and they would end up stealing all their money to help their hometown. Okay, that's a weird thought... and a little too specific.

"Unfortunately, yes," he replied, earning a yell from his captain.

Erza smiled, amused.

"Your name's familiar," Zorro thought out loud.

Erza, still on guard, eyed him. Her attention was all on him and not focused on both males this time. 

"What?" She had blurted out, confused. 

It wasn't that surprising. There could be anyone with the same name as her, but that was hardly the case in a different cultured world - a different era if you will. She wondered what that was about.

"Hey, Zorro, we need to leave! I want to find the ship!" Luffy shouted, practically - and it  actually was - commanding. Luffy was blocking and already halfway through the Marines trying to capture them, ready to leave. He was in hurry for obvious reasons.

"Yeah, yeah. Coming," Zoro answered lazily, effortlessly dodging a gun shot. Before he could move another muscle, he was stopped by a sword to his throat.

"Wait, you said my name sounds familiar?" She questioned. 

Her face showed nothing but seriousness and Zoro found her aura almost demonic. It was as if there were shadows hovering over her of a devil. Yet that image did not faze him in the slightest.

"Yeah, so? What about it?" He looked to his side to meet her gaze. He had to admit, she was a scary, but his seen far worse. Or maybe she was holding herself back or maybe because they had a certain amount of respect for each other. Either way, Zoro didn't get scared easily in front of an opponent. 

"Where have you heard my name from?" Erza demanded answers. 

She was taking a chance and following her gut with this one. It was highly likely for someone could have a similar name like her - after all there was a name such as Ezra - but it was also likely he heard it from someone she knew.

Zorro unsheathed his sword before Erza could react. In an instant, Erza couldn't react and he had hit her sword away from her hand.

He ran away immediately - as fast as he could - before she could collect her sword from the floor.