Chapter 4: Heading Out

Lucy P.O.V

I guess it's time to go.

I was on the Fairy tail ship. I presumed that Jellal's told them about the borders. He wouldn't know much of being that though. Albeit, he was smart.

There weren't many people coming. I preferred that better, not wanting to be in a crowd. Either way, there is only so much people the ship can bare.

I feel sick. I thought to myself, while walking to help the others carry some supplies. My body felt a bit weak, so I might have seemed slumped while carrying everything. Levy stopped 'carrying' some cargo, with Gajeel 'helping' her. Her eyebrows creased as she looked at me worriedly. That worried-but hopeful-glances were given to me often now. Those looks of pity.

I hated it!

"Lucy, you look tired already... you should take rest," Levy suggested clearly worried and showing pity. "There it is again, pitying me, one of the reasons I didn't want to mention this stupid disease," I murmured to myself, it wasn't heard by Levy at all. I was glad for that. However, I had clearly forgotten about Gajeel and his hearing. He was a Dragon Slayer after all.

I had panicked inwardly, but soon calmed once hearing what he had to say.

"Shrimp, leave her she wants to help so let her. Besides it looks like she has some stuff she has to get anyway." I stared at him with a grateful look and nodded as a 'thank you'. There were times when affection could make one feel even more bad.

Levy didn't look convinced, but one thing kept herself distracted. "Don't call me shrimp!" she exclaimed. That was a good idea from Gajeel. I went to go get the last bit with a few others. We were almost done and we could leave.

The ship soon set sail. Natsu was sulking, since he had the uncontrollable urge to vomit. Some things never changed.

Suddenly, I felt nauseous to my stomach. Something felt like it was forcing its way out. I quickly ran to the edge of the ship. Surprisingly, I ended up vomiting too. My stomach felt like it was swirling and turning every which way.

Everyone gave me stares of confusion, including the puking Natsu. Even as I had puked once, I ended up hurling out my breakfast as well.

I groaned and gave a weak scowl, "I..."

I couldn't finish my sentence as I done the same thing Natsu was doing. Lowering his head to puke again. I managed to utter another word. "...feel," I said in dismay, "sick.

"Uhhh..." Natsu groaned an barely nodded in agreement.

We both fell to the ground in despair and distressed. I'm pretty sure their was a single tear in my eyes. Natsu dramatically cried, which was my emotions inwardly too. It was silent.

Everyone on the ship burst out laughing. While Jellal only chuckled in response and a few others. Wendy staring worriedly along with Levy.

I couldn't help but feel a bit relieved, it was amusing really.

Here I am dieing, while they have the audacity to laugh at me and Natsu. Acting so care free and trying to find the bright side to everything.

It just proves how my statement was completely wrong. They really don't care about the fact that I'm about to die, they treat me the same as if this situation never existed. They are confident at the idea of saving me. Still, I have accepted my fate. I know that I will just be here temporally.

"Lu-chan, what happened? Are you okay?" she asked in confusion. Though one could see amusement as well. Wendy chuckled from the side lines, "Isn't it usually Dragon Slayers who have motion sickness?"