Chapter three

Elena stood outside the school waiting for Eric to pick her up. She felt a bit drunk now that all the shots hit her all at once. It made her giggle a bit as she swayed back and forth. After a while she finally saw Eric's police car approaching her. But it made her a little nervous, cause when a police car normally came for her it was to bring her to the police station to sober up. Then later Dana would come and act all concerned for Elena in front of the police and beat her as soon as they got back. Oh sweet life.

Elena got in the car and Eric sat there with a smile. He was such a typical cop with his mustache, short hair and big belly.

"How was school?" he asked with a smile. Elena looked over at the hell hole that she had to be at everyday, surrounded by people who hated her, bullied her and just simply couldn't stand her. She had to try to convince him that she had been there all day, she turned to him with a fake smile and replied: "It was-um, fine."

She wasn't the best drunk liar. Eric shook his head and closed his eyes while sighing. He opened them and turned to her as he tilted his head. 

"You skipped school again, didn't you?"

Elena looked down in her lap and tried to come up with a good lie. But in stead of thinking of something clever she started to nervously laugh because of the alcohol affecting her.

"I had other plans, I..I just.." she tried to explain but Eric cut her off, "And you're drunk? Jesus Elena, maybe I should just drive you home." he said harshly. Elena panicked and sobered up very quickly. She didn't want to disappoint Lilly because she was the only one who actually tried to help her.

"No, Eric please! I'm just dealing with some shit." she replied. He knew all about it because he cared for her just as much as Lilly did. When his co workers tried to arrest Elena, Eric would always say he could handle it. So he took her with him and drove around with her until she was sober enough to lie to Dana when she got back to the institution. If i wasn't for him, Elena would be thrown in juvy until she was eighteen for sure.

"Then get your shit together and stop drinking all the time! I know you Elena, and you are stronger than you think." he said and gently placed his hand on her back.

"I will, I'm sorry Eric." she said and looked outside the window for the rest of the trip. She managed to fall asleep, and after a while they arrived at Arkham. Eric gently shook her shoulder to make her open eyes. She turned to him and he smiled.

"We're here." 

Elena yawned and stretches her arms out. As she was about to step out of the car Eric grabbed her wrist which made her turn to him with a confused expression. She looked at him and noticed he suddenly looked very concerned.

"I glad Jim could do this for you, really, I am. But you have to remember Jerome is a murderer and a psychopath. He loves to manipulate people and he's good at it too. So don't let him get into your head, okay?" he asked and looked her in the eyes to see if she understood him. She just nodded and felt herself getting nervous now that she realized she was actually meeting a murderer. 

As she turned around and looked up at the buildings, she understood why people went crazy here, she got the goosebumps just by standing outside. And she had heard freaky stories from Alex about this place. Like people being experimented on against their will or murdered in absolute cruel ways by the other inmates. She got shivers down her spine.

"You ready?" Eric asked her, and she gave him a nod and a small smile. As they got inside they were met by a man with short light brown hair. She recognized him right away because she had often seen him on the news. He was a cop who lived for his job. He always caught the bad guys no matter what he had to do or how far he had to go.