Chapter fifteen

Elena woke up in a room she had never been in before, not the first time that had happened tho. She looked down at her clothes and she was not wearing what she wore before she was knocked unconscious. No, now she was wearing a striped black and white shirt and pants, just like Jerome had wore under the interview. Oh no, this could not be!

She jumped up and noticed she was in a small cell with only a bed, a small cabinet, a toilet and it was all behind bars. Now that she was in total panic mode as she ran up to the bars looking out at all the other cells. It looked huge, but it wasn't a prison.

"Oh no.." she thought.

She was in fucking Arkham! She knew because she recognized it from last time she was here when she interviewed Jerome. She started to scream and kick the bars in anger and confusion, and then she saw Jim walking up to her cell.

"Jim! Why am I here? Let me out!" she shouted in confusion. Jim stood there for a second and looked at her with his hands down in her pockets. He seemed sad and disappointed in her as he slightly shook his head.

"You murdered a dozen girls Elena, I can't let you out. You're dangerous." he replied in frustration. She was angry, but also sad that she was feeling so damn confused about her emotions. Jim who had always been kind to her made her feel some regret about what she had done, but Jerome's words went threw her mind and all she could think about was getting back to him.

"Let. Me. Out. NOW! Or I will hurt you!" she screamed in a sudden rush of anger. But Jim just shook his head again and sighed.

"Look at you, what happened to you while you were kidnapped? You don't sound like yourself. You are NOT a murderer Elena!" he said harshly. Elena stared him into his eyes and tilted her head as she slowly smiled like a crazy person.

"Oh, but I am Jim. Jerome made me realize that. And I've only hurt those who hurt me. It's only justice. But you can't see that because you're blinded by the system." she said while staring him in the eyes. Jim fearlessly walked closer to her and didn't look away once.

"Jerome is a psychopath, and he is twisting your mind into thinking these things are okay, which they are not. For god's sake he kidnapped you!" he said sounding angry at this point. He seemed provoked by this whole situation.

"NO! He saved me." Elena screamed back at him. Jim looked her in the eyes and realized he had lost her. She was serious and completely devoted to Jerome, so he took a step back.

"I'm sorry Elena. I should have found you sooner and you would not be in here." he apologized. Elena started to laugh hysterically like an insane person, like Jerome.

"You can't save everyone, Jim. And I was already lost. I needed saving years ago, but no one cared then, hm? They just ignored the problem and looked the other way. But not Jerome, he saved me and I need to be with him." she said desperately while trying to make him understand. Jim frowned as he looked at her.

"What about Eric, huh? He cared and still does. He have been looking all over for you. He was devastated after Lilly's death and his only mission since have been to save you from being murdered too." Jim said raising his voice. Elena let go of the bars and took a step back as her eyes widened. 

"Is..is Lilly dead?" she asked in shock. Jim grabbed probably the only chance he had to maybe reach threw to the old Elena. He had to try and get her back somehow.

"Yes she is, and your savior as you call him is the one who murdered her. He shot her right in the head before he kidnapped you." he said and waited for her reaction. She felt tears starting to fall down her cheeks. This could not be true.