Chapter four

As Jim arrived at the G.C.P.D is was a complete chaos there. Harvey Bullock, who was Jim's partner, came running up to him as soon as he walked in the door. He looked stressed which was odd because Harvey never bothered to stress about anything, unless he absolutely had too.

"The whole city is going crazy, Jim! Listen, a bunch of criminals gathered downtown and shouted out that "madness" would be taking over the city. What the fuck does that even mean? And of course when we arrived they had fucking got vanished into thin air and nobody saw where they went. Gosh, it's just our lucky day isn't it." he said sarcastically as he groaned.

"Can you even speak without using the word "fuck"?" Jim mocked him before he got serious again. He started to think and got curious as he tried to think of what they had meant by what they said.

"And you know what the worst part was? It was fucking lunch time. And that is a holy time Jim." Harvey whined and Jim rolled his eyes at him. Harvey and Jim were so different, but it also made them the perfect team.

"Mr. Gordon!" a woman shouted as she approached him. Jim quickly turned to her and noticed that she was even more stressed than Harvey. He instantly got a bad feeling as he waited for her to speak.

"You won't believe this! A group of criminals was just broken out off Arkham Asylum." she told him as she looked absolutely shocked. His eyes widened as his jaw dropped a bit and he could feel himself panicking a little on the inside.

"What!? I...I was just there...Who was broken out?" he asked.

"Well there was Jerome Valeska," she started and Jim instantly got flashbacks to when he arrested Jerome a year ago. He would never forget when they were back in the interrogation room and Jerome just in seconds went from that crying innocent boy who just lost his mother, into a laughing psychotic maniac.

"Robert Greenwood, Richard Sionis, Aaron Helzinger, Arnold Dobkins and..." she started but stopped as she looked nervous to continue. Jim got a bit annoyed and raised his voice as he asked: "AND?"

"Barbara Kean..." she replied and quickly walked away before Jim could react. He stood there completely frozen and didn't say anything.

Barbara was his ex girlfriend. She had left town because his work got her involved with some bad men, one including Victor Zsasz. But she had regrets and came back, but Jim had already fallen for a doctor at Arkham, Leslie or Lee Thompkins. Barbara tried to get over Jim by flirting with another guy, only to be kidnapped by him as he turns out to be a serial killer. Then Barbara's parents were murdered and as Jim and Harvey came to save her he held a knife to her throat. Jim shot him but he managed to cut Barbara's neck, luckily Lee stitched her up. But Barbara had changed her and she wasn't the same anymore. She wanted Lee to be her therapist, but under their session she  revealed that she was the one who killed her parents and suddenly she tried to kill Lee. But Lee beat her and she was then sent straight to Arkham.

Harvey placed his hand on Jim's shoulder as he shook his head letting out a sigh.

"Come on buddy, we have a bunch of lunatics to catch. Including your crazy ex girlfriend." he said as they got to work.

***

Jerome and the other prisioners were tied up in a huge mansion and a man in a black suit approached them with a smirk on his face.

"My name is Theo Galavan, and this is my sister Tabitha." he said as a girl with long black hair wrapped in a ponytail followed up behind him. You could tell by her attitude and expression that this was an evil one. Everyone made gross lustful sounds to show they were impressed by her appearance and she loved the attention. Theo held up his hand to make them quiet.