Chapter seventeen

When Elena went to bed, all the could think about was Jerome and everything that had happened to her lately. It was weird thinking that only a week ago she was all miserable and sad. But mostly she was so lonely. And between then and now she had been kidnapped, committed murder, lost her mind, been arrested and got her first crush. Oh how things changed, surprisingly for the better.

At breakfast Elena decided not to sit with Edward or Oswald so it would not look so obvious. As the guard was walking by her she sat there and whined over the 'pain' in her stomach. He raised an eyebrow as he stared at her.

"Why are you whining, inmate?" he asked as he seemed annoyed by her. She did her best impression to look sick before she looked up at him with puppy eyes.

"I'm not feeling so well. I think I'm going to throw up and I'm probably contagious."

He instantly took a step back and looked at her in disgust.

"Go to the doctor, now!" he demanded and pointed against the exit. She nodded as she started walking to the office and smirked after she passed him. She knocked on the door to the doctor's office and walked inside. The doctor smiled at her and signaled for her to sit down in the chair. The lady sat in front of her with her legs crossed. Her hair was dark and her eyes were green. She was very pretty.

"I'm doctor Lee Thompkins. I heard you were feeling ill Elena, where is the location of your pain?" she asked as she studied her. Luckily Elena was very talented at faking being sick. She had done it a thousand times with Dana so she wouldn't have to see the girls at school. Instead, she would meet Alex so they could get drunk or high, or both if they had the cash for it.

"Ugh it's in my stomach. It's like it is twisting around and it hurts so bad." she whined as she held tight around her stomach hoping it would look more convincing.

"Oh poor thing. Just a second, I think I have something that will help." Lee said and turned around and walked over to the bench where she looked for whatever. Elena gazed over at the needle that laid not to far from her. Is was already injected with something, so she had to take a guess and hope that it was something that would put Lee out, and quick. She looked back at the doctor and made sure she was still standing with her back against her. She took a deep breath before quickly grabbing the needle. As Lee turned around Elena grabbed her by the hair and  buried the needle in her neck as deep as she could.

"I'm so sorry, but I need to get back to Jerome." she said and Lee fell to the floor passing out instantly. Elena had adrenaline rushing thew her entire body, this was just too exciting. She took her clothes, grabbed a clean needle and quickly rushed out of the office. It was a sign on the door saying available. She changed it over to busy so no one would enter and it would buy them more time. She took her hair in a ponytail and used the glasses Lee had wore so it would not be easy to recognize her. It made her practically blind, but she went along with it.

As she got into the common area she saw Edward standing in the corner, waiting for her as he faked reading a book. Or, with Ed being Ed, he could actually be reading. He spotted Elena and they gave each other a look and nodded. She slowly walked forward while whistling and Edward walked against her with his face buried in the book. They bumped into each other's shoulder and quickly she discreetly dropped the needle into his pocket.

"Oh I'm so sorry, Doc." Edward lied.

"No problem, I'm so clumsy." Elena smiled and tried not to laugh at their bad lying. She continued to walk over to the guard that stood in front of the door out to the hallway. He looked so angry, but once his eyes fell on Elena he smiled with an unpleasant smile that otherwise would made her turn the other way.