Chapter twenty five

Jerome had landed the chopper at the top of an electric power industry building where they had entered a room full of explosives and barrels filled with gasoline. Elena didn't know why they were there and what they were doing, but neither did she care. She could not take her eyes away from Jerome who seemed to be overly excited to be back in business. But the one who was most excited was Dwight who couldn't seem to stop talking to Jerome.

"Jeez do you ever shut up?" Jerome snapped at him and he finally kept his mouth shut. He walked over to Elena and leaned against her ear.

"What's up with him? He is such a weirdo, and that's coming from me!" he whispered and it made Elena giggle as she covered her mouth.

"Yeah I know right? You should have heard him when he thought he had failed to bring you back. He actually purposed to cut your face off and use it as a mask!"

Jerome's frowned as he looked at Dwight with a raised eyebrow.

"Really?" he said sounding thoughtful. Then suddenly he got twitches going threw his entire body and it caught Elena by surprise.

"Jerome? Are you okay?" she asked concerned. He just shook his head and smiled again.

"Yea yea sure, it's just I'm a bit fuzzy after coming back to life and all." he joked. He went over to a video camera and placed on a shelf.

"How did you get all of this done so quickly? I mean you just came back." Elena asked curiously, but still impressed. Jerome turned around smiling with his hands pointing out.

"First of all, I'm just that talented. Second, I met those fans of mine at the G.C.P.D. They turned out to be very effective." he said pleased as he placed his hands on his hips.

"You're not mad, are you?" Dwight suddenly asked Jerome with a nervous tone in his voice. Jerome turned to him with a smile that seemed to be fake, but it wasn't always easy to tell.

"Mad? What could I possibly be mad about?" he said almost sarcastically. Dwight cleared his throat nervously and tried to avoid eye contact.

"I guess she have told you that I..uhm..you know the whole cutting of your face thing." Dwight said almost choking on the words. Jerome walked up to him and placed a hand on his cheek.

"Buddy, you brought me back from the dead. Don't worry about it." he said and gave him a little whack on the face. But Elena still heard a little sarcastic tone in his voice. She just stood there with her arms crossed as she suspected he had to be up to something.

"Good! So what are we doing?" Dwight asked excited as he assumed he was off the hook.

"Heh, you'll see." Jerome answered and started to whistle as he dragged a table full of smaller explosives over to the barrels of gasoline. Dwight followed him like an excited little puppy and Elena noticed Jerome was getting tired of it already.

"This is going to be so exciting! If there is anything I can do, please tell me." Dwight offered. Jerome turned to him and tilted his head with a grin on his face.

"Yeah, there is one thing you can do. Hold these." he said and handed him some ropes and Dwight looked confused.

"What do you need them for?" he asked and studied them before looking up at Jerome.

"Well..." Jerome said and all of a sudden he hit Dwight in the head with a small barrel so he fell down unconscious. Elena came up behind Jerome and rested her head on his shoulder and sighed.

"Wanna tell me what you're planning?" she asked and laughed.

"I want to announce my arrival with a big..bang." he joked and lifted Dwight up in a chair as he started to tie him up. Elena just stood beside him smiling as she admired him.