Chapter twenty three

Back in the lab Elena just stood there watching Dwight as he hooked up wires and other strange things to Jerome's body. She was biting her nails nervously meanwhile Dwight was just humming happily as he did his own thing. All of a sudden a guy came running in behind Elena and by habit she instantly pulled her gun out and aimed it at his face. The man panicked and threw his hands up in defense as he looked confused and scared.

"Don't shoot him! That is Gus, he is helping us getting Jerome back." Dwight explained to Elena. She took a step back and lowered her gun back into her holster.

"Sorry, old habit." she apologized. After spending the year being hunted down by Theo's men she had gotten used to thinking the worst about everyone and assume they were after her somehow. It was funny tho, thinking about how bad she was with a gun before when Jerome trained her vs now when she had a perfect aim. Gus gave her a nasty frown as he lowered his hands and didn't reply before looking back at Dwight.

"We're almost done loading the vans. How are you doing?" he asked as Dwight was playing around and pushing buttons and getting everything ready.

"Ding, dong, and we are there!" he said excited and Gus took it as a hint he was ready so he ran off and avoided eye contact with Elena.

"Hah, what a weirdo." Elena thought as she shook her head. But she quickly went back to being anxious when she saw Dwight was ready to start the process. He grabbed a lever and put on his glasses, so Elena did the same. There was no point getting Jerome back to life if she would be blinded and unable to see his gorgeous face.

"Well hold on to your hats, folks. Cause you ain't seen nothing yet!" he repeated after Jerome and pulled the lever which sent thousands of volts into Jerome's body. Dwight was laughing hysterically and Elena realized how obsessed he actually was with Jerome. She watched closely and noticed Jerome's eyes started to flicker which made her excited. Was this really happening? Was he finally coming back to make her life perfect again? He kept going for a few minutes and Elena was getting inpatient and restless at this point.

"Why isn't he waking up?" she asked concerned and she could see Dwight panicking, but of course for his lifes sake he tried to hide it. He swallowed a clump in his throat while adjusting on the machine.

"Heh, just give me a second." he said with a fake smile and leaned down to Jerome.

"Wake up...come on, please?" he whispered to his still very dead corpse. Gus came running back inside with a heavy breath as he was looking stressed.

"I just heard from our guy at the G.C.P.D, they have our location! The others are gonna wait for us at the rendezvous." he started, but as he spoke he noticed Jerome still lying there lifeless.

"He's still dead." he stated the obvious and it made Dwight let out an annoyed sigh.

"I know he's still dead. I've just run into some technical difficulties, nothing I can't fix." he said trying to sound positive to avoid Elena cutting his throat open, because he knew she would without any hesitation. He might adore Jerome, but to her he was her everything.

"Is everything plugged in?" Gus asked. Dwight looked at him with a frown on his face.

"Yes, Gus." he said slow as he was hinting for him to shut his mouth.

"Try turning it on and off." Gus suggested and it was making both Dwight and Elena angry at this point. Just his voice was annoying and made the whole situation much worse.

"I DID! Three times.." Dwight said and wiped the sweat of his forehead.

"Look, you have spent the last year telling everyone that the Prophet would return. People have made sacrifices for you Dwight. I left a really good job at the post office. The police are coming, and you promised them Jerome. The others expect to hear him speak. They want to see his face and if you can't do that.." Gus whined, but Dwight had have enough of it. Elena flinched as Dwight suddenly grabbed two electrical wires and placed them straight onto Gus's chest, sending thousands and thousands of volts threw his body. He was basically fried when he dropped dead.