Chapter twenty four

At the police station Lee was ready to examine Jerome's body. As she walked into the room where his body had been laid she stopped surprised as she didn't see him laying there anymore. Her eyes slowly moved from the table and down to the floor as something caught her eye. She gasped and froze completely as her eyes widened when she saw a dead police officer laying on the ground covered in his own blood. Then she flinched as suddenly a hand out of nowhere covered her mouth and she felt a cold gun being placed her temple. While feeling terrified, she carefully looked to her side where she to her surprise saw Jerome, alive. He pulled a smile as he looked at her and said: "Boo, HAHAHA." he laughed hysterically.

It took a while but he made her fill him in on everything that had happened as he sat on the counter just relaxing with the gun in his hand.

"So Theo became mayor after all? That idiot! He will regret stabbing me in the back, or neck, to be correct. Gosh it feels weird being alive again, it's pretty crazy right?" he asked her while dangling his feet back and forth like a child.

"Maybe your dreaming. Try shooting yourself." Lee said sarcastically. But Jerome  seemed curious as he looked at his gun before placing it to his head. Lee waited with wide eyes to see if he was actually going to shoot himself or not.

"Nah." he said and to Lee's disappointment took away the gun. She just rolled her eyes and leaned back in the chair crossing her arms.

"So tell me, where is Elena?" he said more serious.

"Don't know, don't care. No one has seen her since the gala. She's probably dead." Lee replied and Jerome gave her a nasty look which made her smirk fade away very quickly. But he was worried about Elena. He knew he had to find her. Oh he could not wait to see the look on her face when she would see him alive once again.

"My baby doesn't give up that easily. Don't worry, she's out there somewhere. And I'll burn this city to the ground trying to find her if i have to." Jerome assured her.

"But tell me more about these fans I've got. They think I'm pretty great?" he asked with a smirk on his face. Lee shook her head and crossed her arms.

"They are a bunch of raving lunatics and idiots." she answered trying to kill his mood. But it only backfired as a grin appeared on his face.

"Lunatics and idiots? Ooo my kind of people." he said as he jumped off the counter standing up straight. But then suddenly his body seemed to be twitching uncontrollably. When it stopped he turned to her and shook his head. 

"Sorry. Still kinda fuzzy." he said and pointed at his head.

"You know I was just reborn. Last year really changed my life thanks to Elena. But I know you, right?" he asked smiling. It was like his mood was constantly switching from serious to more playful.

"Yep." she said wishing it wasn't true.

"Hey, did you and I ever..." he asked placing his gun at his crotch indicating it was his cock. Lee got grossed out by the thought.

"Oh god no." she replied.

"What, gingers not your type?" he joked and laughed a little. But then he grabbed her chin and came closer to her face looking her dead in the eyes.

"I remember, you're Jim Gordon's little twinkie." he said and switched over to a more angry tone.

"Easy." Lee said with her hands up in defense.

"I should kill you, ya know? Jim tried to hurt Elena and I want to show him exactly how it feels." he threatened.

"To be fair, Elena drugged me once, punched me in the face and you guys had me hung up on a spinning wheel and that wasn't as comfortable either." she said in her defense. Jerome let go of her chin and laughed hysterically as he just jumped back to being in a playful mood.