Chapter twenty nine

Jim and Harvey were on the outside planning how to get inside and how to take down Jerome, Elena and Barbara before they would hurt Theo or anyone else. Jim were stressed because he knew how many civilians were trapped in there and he had no idea what they were planning. He could not let anybody else get hurt. All thought deep down he didn't really mind if they killed Theo because he had started to figure out what he was up to.

Meanwhile on the inside they had everyone gathered around the circus ring. Jerome had found a circus director costume that he had put on before entering the ring. All his fans were cheering and applauded him as he walked out with a smile on his face. Elena stood on the sideline and applauded as well and Jerome seemed to love this so much because he never said no to attention. Elena laughed as he pulled down his pants and showed his ass to everyone and spanked himself. He went all in for the entertainment and everyone loved it.

"Hear ye, hear ye, gather round. The show is about to begin!" he shouted in a megaphone and everyone cheered for a good minute before they stopped. But some guy was standing on the side still cheering. Both Jerome and Elena turned their heads the a guy and frowned. He was taking the attention from Jerome and he was not having it. So Jerome rolled his eyes before he pulled his gun out from his pocket and shot the guy in the head so the blood splattered over his fans.

"SHUT UP!" he shouted to the dead guy and it made everyone laugh hysterically.

"That's better." Jerome said and chuckled.

"Well, I think we can all agree tonight was a rousing success. We brought this miserable city to its knees. So, how to thank the best darn cult of fanatics a messiah like myself could ever hope for? I give you..." he said and turned around while a ta-da fanfare played. But the guys who were supposed to reveal what was behind the curtain didn't react and Jerome rolled his eyes at them.

"Cue!" he shouted so they flinched before pulling the curtains away and revealed Theo who was handcuffed up to a pole. He squinted with his puffy red eyes as he was pushed out and into the ring.

"I give you the climax of our festivities. The Mayor himself, Theo Galavan!" he shouted and everyone was jeering at him. They hated him more than anything because he was after all the one who killed their precious 'messiah'.

Jerome walked over to Theo and put the megaphone almost up in his face which made him flinch.

"What do you say, Theo? Wanna end this night with a big bang?" he joked before turning to the audience, "Or better yet, a boom?" he said and everyone cheered as they rolled in a big cannon. Theo's eyes widened and he looked over to Elena with mercy in his eyes. But Elena just crossed her arms and shook her head. She wanted to see him suffer, almost as much as than Jerome did.

"Karma's a bitch." she said and saw he read her lips and it made him frown at her. Jerome smiled like a child on christmas morning as he walked away from Theo to get a big cannonball. He lifted it up and pushed it into the cannon. Then he turned around to Theo with a vicious smile.

"Well I could stop now, but that would not be fun now would it?" he said and Barbara handed him  a bucket full of knives that made Theo's expression even more worried.

"Don't worry, it's just about thirty knifes in here, no biggie. Death by a thousand cuts, sound poetic doesn't it?" he joked and threw them in the cannon. While he did this Theo noticed the staples in his hand and he got an idea. He looked over at Jerome and Barbara to see if they were watching and they were both busy warming up the crowd. Elena was also in her own mind daydreaming as she observed Jerome. So he took a chance and started to peel the staple out of his skin and bit his lip so he would avoid screaming and drawing attention to himself.