Chapter twenty eight

They were driving around town with Theo and Tabitha tied up on the floor in the back of the van. Everyone was annoyed by the fact that Jerome didn't kill Theo right away like they planned, but no one really spoke up. Actually no one said one word as they drove. Elena sat across Selina and she was giving her looks that indicated she was not happy. The whole situation made Elena anxious and she just looked down while thinking about what to do. They didn't have to tell her because she knew Jerome should have killed him right away, but still she felt like she just needed to trust him on this. Jerome looked at everyone with a wondering look before killing the awkward silence.

"What's up with this bad vibe I'm getting from everyone?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. No one answered right away, but then Selina rolled her eyes before replying.

"Duh! We're mad because you didn't follow the plan and kill him right away like we were supposed to do." she said annoyed. Jerome just tilted his head and looked at her angry expression before he pulled up his shoulders.

"Well, I have so much people looking up to me now that I want to give them a show, ya know? And what's better than letting them see me kill my nemesis!" he answered with a smile. Selina frowned and stood up with her fists tightened before she pointed a finger in his face.

"I don't care about your stupid fans, I care about Bruce! And this psycho here got you to try and kill him, just for show! And now he's using his dead parents against him to get him to sign over his company. He hurts people psychically and mentally to get what he want and you should have killed him while you had the chance!" she yelled in Jerome's face, but he didn't seem to care at all. He was so incredible stubborn and he had other plans for Theo and there was no way to change his mind. And him not even responding made Selina absolutely furious. So she let out a groan before she quickly reached her hand down in her back pocket and pulled out her gun. 

Theo's eyes widened as she placed it right between his eyes while she growled at him. Her hand was on on the trigger ready to put a bullet in his brain, but then Jerome jumped up behind her and with quick move snapped the gun out of her hand. Theo closed his eyes and took a deep breath of relief. Selina turned to Jerome with her fists tightened and ready to beat the shit out of him. Selina might be smaller than him, but she knew damn well how to fight.

"Ahh come on, you know better than that kitty cat. It's only one person that is killing him and that is me. Kapish?" he asked and gave her a sinister look that made her take a step back and looked at Elena who didn't know what to say. Watching her friend and boyfriend go at each other like this was very uncomfortable to say the least. So she tried to stay out of it by looking away and avoid any eye contact. So Selina frowned at her and then looked back at Jerome who smiled as he enjoyed her getting so upset.

"Fine, but I'm done. I'm not taking any more risks for this idiot. Let me off, now!" she demanded.

 "No problem." he said and stepped away so she could go out off the van. She looked at Elena one more time to signal it was last chance to join her, but Elena still didn't dare to meet her eyes. So just when she was about to storm off Elena grabbed her arm and she quickly turned to her.

"Here, I found this inside Theo's house. Please give it to Bruce for me. He deserves to know." Elena said and handed her a envelope that said "To Bruce from Theo." Elena had seen the envelope and figured it was the answer Bruce had looked for all this time, the answer to who murderer his parents. It was probably what Theo was going to give him for his company.

Selina looked up at her, but she didn't say anything before she stormed out of the van and Elena stood there and sighed.

"We'll come too. If we all get caught out here together the cops won't hesitate with sending us straight back into Arkham and well, that's just not so tempting I'm afraid. But you understand that don't you, Jerome?" Oswald asked Jerome who nodded and let him pass. Then he walked over to Elena and leaned forward to whisper in her ear.