Chapter twenty

As they arrived at the gala Elena put on a black mask over her eyes like the other waitresses was wearing. Barbara and Jerome were backstage, Aaron was undercover as a guard, while Theo and Tabitha were mingling with other people being fake as always.

As she walked around serving people their drinks she noticed Selina in the crowd. She was discreetly stealing from people and it made Elena chuckle. Then she sneaked up behind her and yelled:"G.C.P.D!" and it made Selina freeze with her hands up in defense. Elena could no help herself and burst out laughing. Selina turned around and frowned as she saw it was Elena. She punched her in the arm saying: "Damn Elena, you scared the shit out of me!"

Elena smiled and catched her breath while whiping a fake tear away from her eye.

"I'm sorry hah. What are you doing here tho?" Elena asked. Selina shrug her shoulders in a sarcastic way.

"Well if you want to steal stuff you gotta go where the rich people are."

Elena laughed again. Selina seemed like a chill type of girl she could be friends with.

"But what are you doing here, and dressed like a waitress? Aren't the police looking for you after you escaped Arkham?" Selina asked curious.

"Well I'm just a part of a stupid plan. But you'll see." Elena said and winked at her.

"Don't tell anyone I'm here tho." Selina nodded with a "gotcha" nod. Then a boy about their age walked up to them and smiled to Selina. 

"Hi Selina, you look good in that dress." he said in a very polite way. But Selina just rolled her eyes and answered: "Yeah whatever." which was pretty rude. And the boy's smile disappeared. But he quickly got it back and looked over at Elena.

"Hi, I'm Bruce Wayne." he said and reached out his hand to greet her. She smiled and shook his hand.

"Hi, I'm Sara, nice to meet you Bruce." she lied to she would not blow her cover. So he was the Bruce she had heard about. He was a billionaire and had inherited Wayne Enterprises after his parents had been murdered. He was the one Theo wanted hurt tonight so they would make the Gotham Gazette for sure. Tabitha came over to them while holding a empty glass in her hand. Her face had a big adhesive plaster after Elena broke her nose. She looked like a mess, to be honest.

"Waiter, I need something more to drink. Go get it for me, now." she demanded and handed out her glass with a smirk on her face. Elena frowned and started to get angry. But before she could reply Bruce stepped in front of her.

"Well that's rather rude. She might be a waiter but you can speak to her with some respect." Bruce said harsh and it made Elena smile. He was nice.

"Whatever." Tabitha said while rolling her eyes at them and left.

"Some people have no manners. I wonder what happened to her face." Bruce said and Elena let out a little laugh which made Selina and Bruce look at her confused. Elena then cleared her throat awkward.

"I mean...yeah me too. I'll see you later Kat." she said and left them alone. It seemed they has stuff to talk about. Elena saw Lee Thompkins entering the stage as the started on a welcome speech. She hadn't seen her since she stuck a needle in her throat back in Arkham. She watched as she served people their drinks. When Lee was done with her speech she was about to introduce the 'magician.'

"Over the years we have had magicians come and entertain the children. And so tonight we have one of the magicians here for you. Without further due, please allow me to present to you the great Rudolpho!" Lee said and walked off stage and in entered Barbara in her costume. She was wearing a mask so no one recognized her.