Chapter eight

Elena could feel warm water run down her body as she slowly regained conciseness. Confused, she slowly opened her eyes and flinched as she looked over at Barbara sitting next to the tub smiling at her. Quickly she tried to cover her body with her hands as she realized she was laying there completely naked.

"Hey, don't worry. It's not the first time I've seen a girl naked." Barbara joked and laughed with a smile. Elena had never really felt threatened by her, so for some reason she slowly lowered her hands, but still felt awkward laying there showing off everything. She stared out in the room with a blank stare as she took a deep breath because she just remembered what she had done. She looked down at her hands and saw they were bloody as swollen.

"I killed her..." Elena almost whispered and wrapped her hands around her feet. Barbara let out a sigh and lifted her hand to wash Elena's back. The water was turning red from all the blood on her hands and body.

"Yeah..it wasn't right of Jerome to put you in that position. I know you must have very much mixed feelings right now, but I'll help you through it, I promise." Barbara said and it seemed like she actually cared for her somehow.

"No, you don't understand." Elena said as she turned her head to look her in the eyes.

"I liked it. I felt no guilt, and I still don't. It actually felt better than any drug I have ever tried...just like Jerome said." 

Barbara looked at her and small smile appeared on her face.

"Well that's a good thing, right? Maybe he was right about you. I think we will become good friends." she said as the stood up and handed Elena a towel. Elena gave her a vague but awkward smile and wrapped it around her before she got out of the tub. She looked at her hands again. It was weird thinking about that those hands had actually killed someone. It hurt when she tightened them, but not to bad. As she entered the bedroom she saw Barbara standing next to a pile of clothes lying on the floor.

"Well you didn't have any clothes and I guessed we're about the same size, so you can use this. You know, if you want." 

Elena smiled as she replied "Thanks..that's very kind of you."

Barbara was a psycho like the rest of them, but ironically she was nicer to Elena than any other sane person had ever been. It made her feel connected to her in a way. But she couldn't get attached, she was not going to stay.

"I'll make you some food." Barbara said smiling before she left. Elena put on a pair of gray jeans and a black shirt. She walked over to the bed and sat down to think about this whole situation she was in. She could not wrap her head around the fact that she actually enjoyed taking Dana's life. It just felt so..good. So did this mean Jerome was right? Was she a psychopath after all? No, no she couldn't be...could she?

She heard someone knock on the door and she turned around to see Jerome standing in the entrance smiling.

"How ya feeling gorgeous?" he asked curious, but exited. Elena looked at him for a second before she turned away and sighed.

"What do you want me to say? That I loved it? Because I did, and I don't understand why. And I should hate you for doing that to me!" she snapped, but then she sighed again, "But, I don't.." she said frustrated as she looked down on the floor. Jerome came up to her and sat down beside her. She noticed she wasn't as afraid of him as she was yesterday. Maybe he thought she didn't move away to act tough, like yesterday, but the truth was she just didn't feel the same fear anymore. Maybe it was because her head was occupied with all the other problems she was worrying about.