Chapter nine

Elena laid awake for hours thinking while Jerome slept like a baby behind her. She felt guilty because she was enjoying this way to much. Why did she feel so safe in the hands that ironically had probably killed hundreds of people? She thought a lot about what would happen if she would have escaped. Thinking realistically, she would just be sent to another crappy institution and people would be just as cruel to her as before. Was that really so much better than being here? Here they actually treated her like a person, like an equal. Well, except for Tabitha that only wanted to murder her and Greenwood that just wanted to eat her. But it seemed like Jerome would not let that happen. And everything he said intrigued her so damn much. So maybe she should just stay. Stay...with the psychopaths?

"Oh god listen to yourself, you are going crazy." she thought.

She felt him waking up and she closed her eyes pretending to be asleep. He yawned and she could just feel him looking at her for a short while. She noticed she was holding her breath when he got up and went to the bathroom. Once she heard him turn on the shower she exhaled. She sat up in the bed and wrapped her hands around her feet as she looked at the bathroom door. What was it about that boy that made her even think that staying was a good idea.

After a while he came out with a towel wrapped low around his waist and his pale body was still a bit wet. Elena got a bit nervous and tried to not do anything to embarrass herself. Only two days ago she was absolutely shaking in his presence and now she was..attracted to him, somehow. But a boy had never been this naked around her before, like ever. He caught her by surprise as he just dropped the towel in front of her. She instantly looked away with wide eyes as her cheeks turned into a tomato. A smirk appeared on his face while he got dressed. It was clear he enjoyed how awkward she got around him. He put on a red robe over his clothes which looked super comfy.

"Are you going to wear that today? I'm not complaining." he joked and Elena looked down at her naked legs.

"Here." he said and threw her the key. She barley caught it, of course.

"Go get dressed." he said and Elena just simply nodded. She went to her room and got on some clothes before she walked out to the living room which to her surprise was full off weapons. What were they planning? she wondered. Everybody looked super excited, but none as much as Jerome. He went to one of the boxes and pulled out a big samurai sword.

"Oh shiny!" he said as he picked it up, but Greenwood was quick and suddenly stole the sword out of the container while laughing mockingly. Jerome's smile disappeared and an evil expression replaced it.

"Give that back." he demanded calmly and reached his hand out to the cannibal.

"Pft, I saw it first." Greenwood provoked and started to play around with the sword.

"No, you didn't, and I said give it back." Jerome said more angry this time, still holding out his hand impatient. Suddenly Greenwood placed the sword to Jerome's neck. Elena's eyes widened in shock, but Jerome didn't even flinch like the brave psychopath he was.

"Make me, you brat." Greenwood threatened.

"Ouuuch" Arnold laughed sitting in the back of the room meanwhile Aaron didn't say anything and tried to just stay out of it.

"This won't end well."Elena thought and tried to keep a good distance of them both.

"Your samurai skills are excellent Greenwood-San." Jerome said playfully and placed his palms together, "But they are nothing compared to me." he said and grabbed a freaking motor saw. But as wicked as he was, Greenwood just seemed to enjoy it. Elena just kept her distance trying not to freak out. They acted like this was completely normal.