Chapter seven

Elena woke up with a headache after crying all night. She could feel someone touching her back and she instantly flinched as she thought it had to be Greenwood that had sneaked into her room again. She threw herself up from the bed with her hands ready to hit him in the face, but got surprised when she saw Jerome standing there smiling instead. He was much less intimidating now that he seemed to not be mad anymore.

"A bit jumpy are we?" he mocked her. She lowered her hands and took a deep breath. 

"I thought you were Greenwood." she replied.

After last night Elena had given a lot of thought to how to handle the situation she was in. Crying would not get her anywhere, that was obvious. She figured since he hadn't killed her yet there was something he wanted with her, but she just could not figure out what. She had no special talents and no one would pay him to get her back. But since he was a psychopath she figured she had to try to act like she wasn't afraid anymore, because nothing would please him more than seeing her as frightened as she was yesterday. It boosted his ego, and she had to avoid that. So basically to get out of here she had to make him trust her. 

"Yeah, he is a weirdo that one. Or actually he's a cannibal." Jerome said and Elena's eyes widened as she now realized why he wanted to feel her skin yesterday. 

"A..a cannibal? Like he eats people?" Elena asked. Jerome just laughed and shook his head.

"Well duh, isn't that what a cannibal does?" he joked. Elena still couldn't wrap her head around how it was so easy for him to joke about these things. Like was these things normal in a psychopaths world? But she just nodded and looked away from him. It was something that bothered her and she had to ask him. Beside, if she wanted him to trust her she had to man up and dare to start a conversation with him.

"Jerome..can I ask you something?" she asked carefully in case she stepped over any lines. But he just smiled as usual and replied "Sure, why not."

"When I interviewed you, what did you mean when you said we were talking psycho to psycho?"she asked and slowly looked up at him. He seemed pleased with her question for some reason because he smiled even more.

"Duh, isn't that obvious?" he asked, but she didn't understand what he meant. He rolled his eyes at her as he sighed.

"I know everything about you, Elena. Does Charlotte Tilby ring a bell?" he asked with his cocky smirk. Elena felt a rush of anger going threw her body, but she tried not to show it. She had to be calm and not give him the satisfaction of getting provoked. But it was hard when her fingernails where already digging into her palms.

"Never heard of her." she lied trying to sound believable, but looked away because she knew it was easy reading her face. Jerome let out a laugh and sat down on the bed with her. But she did not move away this time, and he noticed. She was getting too angry to be scared of him anyways.

"Really? You haven't heard of your own mother?" he said trying to push her limits as far as he could. Then Elena's temper took over and she snapped back at him as she frowned.

"She is NOT my mother!" she almost shouted and Jerome loved it. This is just what he wanted, to see her anger build up and her demons take over. 

"Oh, but she is. And her brother, is your father. And your uncle I guess, HAH!" he joked and laughed again. But Elena didn't find it funny, not at all. She placed her head in her hands trying her best to calm down instead of screaming at the top of her lounges.

"Jerome...please don't." she whispered. But Jerome just ignored her wish and slowly sat closer to her.

"What? It's true. I remember reading all about it actually, truly a tragic story." he started saying and Elena slowly looked up at him.