Chapter eleven

As Jim gained conciseness he could feel his head hurt after Jerome had knocked him out. He heard sirens and a lot of people discussing around him. At first he felt confused, but then he flinched as he suddenly got a smack over his face which made him wake up quickly. When he opened his eyes he saw Harvey standing there looking upset and annoyed.

"Can't I even go out for lunch without you getting into trouble?" he asked while tilting his head. Jim rolled his eyes as he was untied. He stood up and put his hand to his head as he let out a painful groan. Jerome had bruised him up real good. But then he gasped as he turned his head and looked at the commissioner sitting there with a bullet in her head, or, what was left of it. It was so sad because she was actually Jim's friend.

"Oh my god..What happened here?" Harvey asked. Jim turned to him and let out a sigh.

"It was Jerome and the other prisoners from Arkham." he replied angry and frustrated since he had finally managed to find Elena and now she was gone again with half the G.C.P.D dead.

Harvey rolled his eyes as he responded "Of course it was. For fucks sake, first they attack the school outside of town and now here. It's no way that this won't cause a massive panic, meaning more work for us."

Jim lifted his head and turned to Harvey with his hands on his hips.

"I think this is bigger than we anticipated, we have to catch them and put them behind bars, for good this time. Who knows what they are planning to do next." he said with a pause as he turned to Harvey, "But there is one more thing, they had Elena."

Harvey looked at him with an eyebrow raised like he didn't have a clue who he was talking about.

"Elena who?" he asked.

"The girl I took with me to interview Jerome about five days ago. It was a favor for an old friend of mine. And..well, she has no last name." Jim responded. Harvey raised both his eyebrows.

"Well I'll be dammed, things escalated quickly for her then. And no last name? Who the fuck has no last name?" he asked confused.

"Well, she has pretty rough background and don't want to be connected to it. You remember that murder that happened outside town about seventeen years ago?" Jim asked. Harvey's eyes widened as he finally understood what he meant.

"Oh fuck you mean that case where that girl...what was her name?" he said while snapping his fingers trying to remember.

"Charlotte Tilby." Jim responded.

"Yes! She was abused by her brother, right? And when her father found out about it, her brother went ahead and killed him, and so she killed her brother to protect herself? But yeah, I remember she was pregnant and they saved the kid when she killed herself. Are you telling me that Elena is that unlucky kid?" Harvey asked. Jim just nodded because he felt so sorry for her. And after finding her alone in the rain and seeing everything happened, she was, from his point of view, a hostage and a victim. And that was an advantage for Elena.

"Well fuck me, that was unexpected. She must have mad mental issues. But was she in on this or what are you telling me?" Harvey asked and Jim looked at him with a harsh look since he spoke so disrespectful of her.

"Yes she has, and no I don't think she was. She told me she was kidnapped the day they murdered the students at her school, but she didn't remembered anything."

Harvey started to look more stressed and annoyed at this point.

"So this is a kidnappings case too now?"

Jim nodded his head. 

"Yes. And for Eric, I want to get her back, and fast . I'm worried that a girl that has been let down as much as her is an easy target for Jerome's manipulation. She seemed to listen to him, and that is dangerous for her own safety. He can easily make her as insane as he is." Jim said concerned.

"Yeah, and we don't need another lunatic in town." Harvey said and Jim rolled his eyes at him.

"I'm serious, Harvey. We need to find them and save her before it's too late."

Harvey nodded his head. Then a cop came up to them and he looked concerned.

"I think you guys should come out to the van and see this." he said and they exchanged a look before they quickly followed him. As they got outside they saw Jerome's face on the TV screen in the van. Everything that they had filmed were now sent to every person I Gotham. It would be a complete chaos after people saw this. Jim looked at Harvey who looked just as mad as him.

"That ginger is crazy. And not just normal crazy, no, he is on a totally other level of crazy." Harvey said and shook his head.

"We have to find them. They murderer innocent students, kidnapped Elena, shot the commissioner...I won't rest before they are behind bars." Jim said angry and tightened his fist.

Sorry short chapter! But I want you to see things for Jim's view as well. Please vote and comment!

-Michelle