Chapter I: Happily-Ever-After

Hey readers, The Girl Behind His Attitude is my first ever novel that gets me the gut to start writing. This story has been on my mind for weeks until I decided to give it a shot. Since English is my second language, sorry for any grammatical mistakes or misspelled. Please let me know if you find any :)

I'll try to get on with the updating so Vote, Comment and Promote The Girl Behind His Attitude!

Please enjoy my first work :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present Day

Bianca's POV

My hands were trembling as I held the paper Dad just gave me. Written in bold letters was three words that could banish my living-happily-ever-after fairytale. I knew it might sound exaggerating but there was no other 'fun' way to tell a person's life was messed up by her own closed people.

Miller & Williams Agreement

Williams. There, they wrote my surname as black and clear as Maleficent's horn. For twenty-four years, the name had always completed my identity. People knew me as Bianca, the daughter of third richest tycoon couple Albert and Lily Williams. Under their successful achievements, I was brought up in fancy environment, had enough food to feed another family and I could enter places freely just in a snap of surname. The law of age minimums never affected my night life. Thus, it was safe to say that I had never been ashamed of being me. Well, at least until this moment.

"Bianca, you can think about it." My dad who was sitting in his glorious chair suddenly broke the silence.

He was wearing his usual sleek suit which accentuated his fatherly figure. As I got older, I realized he was more than a father. He was a hard worker, a teacher, a king to my mother and protector to his kids. However, there was no knight in shining armor today. He was different. The way he sat seemed so stiff as both hands gripped the edges of his chair. I bet if the chair had talked then the only voice we heard right now would be its scream.

Diverting the gaze to his eyes, I saw a reflection of my own. A pair of anxious blue eyes was trying to hold its wall together. He didn't cry. No, he never cried. It wasn't the tears nor the fact that he acted differently that I knew he was struggling. It was when our eyes met. Everytime I looked at his eyes, the imagination of sailing around the sea on a beautiful sunny day always came to my mind. However, this time I could only imagine sailing on a rough sea in the middle of a storm. His sight was cold, dark and absence.

"O-okay..." Was the only reply I could master.

"Honey... Take your time, okay?" Mom caressed my shoulders gently. Her touch always calmed me a little.

I nodded slightly. "I'll just head home and sleep on it, I guess."

Mentally commanding my hands to stop trembling, I hurriedly put the papers back inside the envelope.

"Sure, princess. If you have any question, just ask us. We will tell you what we know." Ending the stiffness, he finally stood up and fixed his suit.

"Yeah. I will." I followed him standing up while clutching my handbag in one arm.

When I turned around, Dad had opened his arm for me.

"Just so you know. Whatever your choice gonna be, your Mom and I will always be right behind you." He whispered while hugging me.

Unconsciously, I nodded although it seemed the words just past through my ears.

"Go home and rest, honey. We will be home early today." Mom took her turn to hug me and sent me out of Dad's office.