Chapter 5: Set Up Date 101

Hi guys! 

Here is another chapter for you :)

Please Vote, Comment and Like The Girl Behind His Attitude!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bianca's POV

My eyes widened at the sight of a familiar guy walking towards me. I started to hear my heartbeat getting louder as our distance got closer. He wore a grey T-shirt, jeans and a navy tuxedo jacket.The sleeves of his tuxedo were rolled halfway up to his elbow, making it look more casual yet professional. Dang it! How could one look so good in that ordinary outfit?!

Unconsciously, I breathed deeper as he was standing right in front of me.

"Hi Bianca.. It's been a long time." He said with an appealing smile which I hadn't seen that smile in a long time.

"Hi Cole.. Yeah, it's been more than three years. How have you been?" I tried to look as cool as possible.

"Not so good, I guess." He looked away, avoiding my gaze.

I scolded myself quietly for asking the stupid question.

We walked into the restaurant when I felt his eyes on me. He was taking a good look at me but I hesitated to look at him. When I got the courage, I turned my head and studied him. I noticed that he got skinnier than the last time I saw him and his right ear was pierced. His changes weren't that bad but it also didn't impress me much.

"You have changed, Bianca. Time really flies." His chest almost touched my back as his right hand was above my head, pushing the entrance door.

I stupidly felt my body reacting to our closeness. Damn! These butterflies in my stomach didn't know how to chill. Seriously.

"Is that a good or bad change?" I asked him with curious eyes.

Before he could answer, Elle waved her hand up to her son.

"You came so fast." Elle said to Cole who took the seat beside her.

"I was in the neighbourhood doing the annual meeting, Mom. You called me in time." He then turned to Mom. "How are you, Aunt Lily? It's been months since I saw you."

"I'm fine, Cole. You should come by my house sometimes. It's so quiet without Clinton and Bianca around." Mom gazed at me to which I glared back.

"I'm home now, Mom. Clinton has also come back. Stop talking about the no-kids-situation." I saw Cole chuckled but resisted the urge by clearing his throat.

When I was in Paris, she always talked about how lonely she was every time we called.

"Have you met Clinton? He got back last night."

"He contacted me last night. We haven't met but I think we will go hiking this weekend."

"I haven't seen you both going on a hike since you started working." Mom added, Cole nodded in reply. Clinton and Cole were like brothers. They did almost everything together until work got them busier.

"You should check your hiking gear, Cole. I think I threw away some of them. You know, they had been sitting in the storage for years." Elle shrugged her shoulder.

"No worry, Mom. I'll go shopping tomorrow." Cole answered while taking the menu from the waiter.

"You can accompany him, Bianca. I know you are bored being home all the time." Mom suggested a terrible idea. I stared blankly at her but only to be rewarded by a hopeful expression.

"Are you free tomorrow, Bianca?" Cole's head moved forward to face me. My eyes got wider at the sight of his eyes. The gaze was hopeful.

OH NO!

*****

"Mom.. Why did you come up with that idea?" I scolded her when we were driving home. Elle went home with Cole so it was just the two of us.

"I think you need to go out more, Bianca. Think of it as socializing." She said calmly while her eyes were focusing on the road.

I squirted my eyes at her.

"Really, is that your best excuse Mom? Getting your daughter out with a messed up boy just for socializing?" I spilled the word, disbelieved at her reason.

"Bianca.. Cole is not a messed up boy. Think him as he was, please." She turned around to see me when we got into a traffic stop.

"Tell me Mom.. Do parents ask help for their 'well-mannered' kid sound normal to you?" I asked her with hand on my chest.

"Don't talk like that about the Millers. And yes, you are right, he may not be a 100% normal guy but he is not a 100% messed up boy either." She defended.

I never liked arguing with Mom.

"Good talk, Mom. This is the last time you offer me to go out with a boy, okay?" I tried to use as soft tone as possible.

She nodded.

*****

Clinton was having his dinner when I went down for a glass of water. He didn't notice me passing because he was reading news on his phone.

"Hey Clint.. Are you free tomorrow afternoon?" I took a gulp of water.

"Why?" He said while chewing his food.

"You are hiking this weekend, right? Don't you need to go gear shopping?" I tried to get to him.

He raised his eyebrow.

"I know where you are going with this, little Bianca. I'm afraid I'm not available tomorrow and even if I do, I won't disturb your little date." He smiled wickedly.

"It's not a date! You must come with me tomorrow!" I shouted while slapping his shoulder.

"Nope.. Ask Dad's permission if you want to snatch me tomorrow. But lemme tell you, your chance of snatching me is under 1%." His gaze was challenging me.

I knew I couldn't disturb Clinton if it related to Dad. I gazed back at him but he laughed before immediately went back to eat. This kind of situation was when I hated Clinton the most.

I dragged my feet upstairs into my room, sighing.

How should I behave tomorrow?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excited for Cole and Bianca's first outing?

Stay tune for next chapter guys

Love, Call