Chapter 10: Favor for a Favor

Hi beautiful people!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018! 🍾🍾🍾

2017 was a big year for me as I graduated college and started writing.
I hope to create more exciting stories from now on!

Since it's gonna be my first upload in 2018, beware of the long chapter!

Here is Chapter 10 to start our year right 😁

Please Vote, Comment and Share The Girl Behind His Attitude!

***************************************************************************************

Cole's POV

I felt my body weakened as guilt ran over my body. Today was supposed to be a good day, at least once in this past two years. I didn't plan to end the day with upsetting Bianca nor making us more distant than we ever had. Her silence and rejection to my explanation killed me but not as much as the expression written on her face. The happy face I longed this afternoon had turned into a sour one which obviously I didn't wish to see. It hurt me knowing I was the one causing that change.

Turning the car into a quieter road, my mind drifted back to the moment I was content hearing Bianca talked about her life in Paris. Her face lit up, making me thought I was successful wiping off the awkwardness between us. My body became less tensed but it didn't last long. In the back of my head, the memory of her being held and groped by that dumbass guy still lingered. I tightened my grip on the steering wheel, cursed the shit out of my mind and sped up. My eyes was burning fire until I saw the man, who I tried to avoid the most, standing in front of his house.

"What the hell you did, son?" My father shouted as soon as I got out of my car.

"Dad... Listen to me first." I tried to sound calm but faking was hard.

"For God's sake! You had one chance in your messed up life to make things right. Just ONCE!" I didn't understand what he was talking about as he kept screaming at me. "But look at you." He held my face sternly. I tried to suppress the emotion building up inside me. "Always blowing things up! I just can't understand you, Nicholas!" He let go off my face and turned around.

"It's not my faul.." I was cut off again.

"It's not your fault?!" He turned to face me, his eyes shot fire to mine. "How dare you to say that? You made Bianca came home with bruises and pale face, yet still say it's not your fault?!" He raised his voice further.

"I was being attacked and the other guy got his way into Bianca. What do you expect me to do?" I told him briefly, wishing he would listen.

"You ask me, Nicholas. I expect you to not create this mess. Prevent the fight, run away and, most importantly, not letting Bianca go through this." He ran hand through his hair.

When he was backing out, I tried to get his attention.

"What happened to not being a coward and never run away, Dad?" I asked him, reminding him what he used to teach me.

He faced me, replying from afar. "That was long before you decided to destroy your goddamn life, Nicholas!"

With that, he left me stoned outside his house.

I came back inside the car, hitting the steering wheel. The emotion I tried to hold had broken down but no tears coming out. My life was fucking fucked up. Driving past his house, I stopped at a house behind his. My sanctuary. Yes, the Millers were living in one damn complex, only different houses. Thanks to the 'great' grandma Miller's idea.