Chapter 16

Bianca's POV

In the middle of my conversation with one of Dad partner's daughter, I saw Clinton running towards the garden. His face was worried and tensed while his steps were rushing to go outside. I tried to stop him by holding his wrist.

"Clinton... What's-" Without waiting for me to finish the sentence, Clinton let go of my hold.

"Not now, Bianca." He darted again, unbothered to even look at me.

Watching his back moved up and down as he ran, my attention was disturbed by the girl whose name I didn't really remember.

"What's wrong with your brother?" She pointed on Clinton while her eyes waited for my answer.

"I don't know. Maybe something's wrong."

While answering her question, other guests started to get up from their seats and sped towards the garden entrance. I couldn't picture what caught their attention as the crowd acted like bulls going after the red flag.

"They are at it again." A middle-aged woman who was wearing a simple gold dress said while picking up her dress to ease her running.

"Those boys are shame for their families." Her husband replied as he put his left hand on the woman's back, supporting her to move faster.

After going past us, the couple suddenly stopped and gave way to Grandma Livie. Unlike the usual calm Grandma Livie, her face was red with no sign of smiling. Rushing towards my table in her low-heeled shoes, she bumped into some people who mostly went to the opposite direction. I could see some people looked down at her as she didn't even bother to say 'sorry' to them.

"Bianca.. I need to talk to you." Placing her hands on mine, she made me stand up and met her perfectly powdered face.

"S-ure, Grandma. Is there something wrong?" I waited for some answer but she wasn't even looking at me. Something behind my back got her attention.

"Not here, Bianca. Come with me."

Grandma Livie directly dragged me without letting me bid goodbye to the unknown girl. Although I felt bad for not remembering her name throughout our conversation but I couldn't help my short-term memory weakness. Taking a glance at her, I waved and murmured a low 'bye' which she indirectly responded with her confused look.

Turning my head to where Grandma pulled me, I realised some people were whispering something to each other while their eyes glued on Grandma's back. Although it was hard to understand what they whispered about, but their expressions were written clearly: teasing and humiliating. Shamelessly, as we walked further towards the main entrance, the whispering was getting louder.

"Look at that old woman. I heard many investors bail from her company because the company's reputation is ruined by her grandson." These words were coming from a soft woman voice who surely didn't have a soft heart.

"Yeah.. Never thought Nicholas Miller turns into an incompetent CEO."

"We never know, ladies. Or maybe it's a karma from her grandma. Remember how arrogant she treated our family?"

Hearing their conversation was enough to make my ears burning. In my manner dictionary, insulting an elderly - let alone in front of them - was unforgivable. Turning my head to their direction, I saw two sisters with the same hair colour but totally different facial features. Curious why they were so different? Met Los Angeles' most fake barbie dolls, the Povin Sisters. With those trillion dollars money their family earned from owning several department stores in USA, undergoing the knife was very common between them. Just like most people around me, the Povins' bills couldn't buy them some manners.