Chapter 22: It Felt Right

Hello my beautiful Wattpad friends, here I present to you another chapter of hopefully-not-a-boring-story.
I just finished writing this one and idk why I feel so excited for you to read it.

Enjoy this while listening to Bazzi 😍

Cole's POV

Waiting outside the interrogation room was a game of patience. It had been 45 minutes since Bianca went in but there was still no sign she would get out anytime soon. Earlier, when she threw a fit I was sure she would shut me down again. At first, I planned to ask whether she wanted to go here or not. However, once I saw her with that bastard, my ego won over me. That little shit just couldn't leave me in peace.

Everytime I saw him, it reminded me of what I had gone through because of him. Those golden years turned into cloudy ones. I swore I wouldn't forget that time span.

"Cole!" A feminine voice shouting my name suddenly filled the crowded corridor.

Few people turned their heads, wondering who the heck disturbed their life threatening discussion. Since I waited outside, nervous faces were all written in the peeps around me. Handcuffed or not, this place only had one particular law. Be scared or be charged.

On the serious note though, those were the only reasons why citizens came here. First, they were the victim, being scared of losing something they owned or someone they knew. It could also be, they somehow related to the suspect - which brought us to the second reason. The queen and king of any troubles a.k.a suspects were those who got privileged to get scared and get charged. I hoped this friend of mine didn't go here for the last one.

"Lana..." I replied when she walked near me.

"Are you here for a regular visit, Mr. Miller?" Tying her hair up to a bun, I noticed her white crop top went up a bit. It was quite short to the point where her brokenhearted tattoo on her upper belly was showing.

I flashed a smile. "Sadly not, Miss Ruben. What brings you here?"

"The usual.  Another junkie shows up in the studio, asking me for a huge ass tattoo. Turns out he was there just for a transaction with a dealer. Fucking asshole." She cursed in a low tone.

"What do they want with you now?"

"Just run some tests to make sure I'm not affiliated with them." She said lightly. It wasn't a surprise that the tattoo studio was a convenient place to do such illegal trade. Many people came in drunk state or under the influence of drug. They said it helped to lessen the pain.

"Are you done with all their shit?" I didn't bother to ask about the result. She was clean.

"I guess so. Just need to wait for Randy then we get outta here." She pointed to a door on the far left. I nodded.

Randy, the owner of tattoo studio and also her boss. I could imagine him getting used to every interrogation. Same questions, same answers.

"Enough about this shit." Leaning to the wall, she begin to smile unknowingly. "I haven't heard from you in a while. Anything interested happen lately?"

Someone makes it interesting lately. I said it to myself.

"Nah, same old same old." Shrugging my shoulder, I maintained the straight face.

"Well, at least something happened to that hand." Her eyes focused on my bandage.

"Just some punch to relieve the tension." I hid my hand inside the loose sleeves.

"Too bad I didn't get to see it. The dude must be wrecked." She smiled wider.

I looked down, giving her a weary smile. I wasn't in the mood to explain that it wasn't a dude. It might seem that I avoided having a further conversation with her but that was not the case. The time wasn't right.