Chapter 18: His Protests

Hi guys!
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019!
My resolution for this year is to finish this book 🤞 Because let's face it, I wanna create another book and, secondly, I also have too many ideas on my mind.
So, as my first step in reaching that goal, here's a brand new chapter to start 2019 in a positive and better way!

——————————————————————

Bianca's POV

"Ridiculous! Out of all the fun places in the city, your choice is Toys 'R' Us?" His tone clearly didn't intended to question me, more like a hopeful 'no I was joking' confirmation.

It was hilarious how his cool demeanor quickly shifted into an agitated self when I mentioned the toy shop. What's more funny was the fact that he still drove me to the other side of town despite his on-going complaint. Well, it was better than us bickering over Toys R Us. Let's just said Bianca 1, Cole 0.

As the car came to a halt for traffic light, he turned towards me. He was demanding for an answer to his question. And I wouldn't give him that. Called me selfish or whatever but a girl gotta do what she gotta do. So, I pretended to watch the crowd crossing in front of us as a distraction. Sometimes being deaf or blind like this worked the magic, especially if you were a girl. Thank God for that!

However, this man couldn't buy that easily. Still trying to break down my wall, he leaned closer towards me and, for God's sake, his musky scent was pulling me to him. Dang it! Why couldn't he have muddy scent instead? Stay on your aim, Bianca.

In attempt to further avoid him, I put my left hand in the side of my face to act as a barrier between us. Please stop inching our distance! Expecting him to behave the opposite, I held my breath to prevent myself falling into his scent. What?! Falling into his scent? Are you in the right mind, Bianca?  Surprisingly, the captivating musk smell slowly disappeared as a chuckle came out of his mouth. Opening my eyes, I was silently grateful for the green light.

Hoping his protest would last was way overrated. It only got worse from that point on.

"Last time I check, they only sell kids' toys. You are 24, Bianca, not 5."

"Do you run out of toys at home? I'm sure it will be appropriate to get more mature toys for you. Barbie dolls are overrated for your age, right?"

Nope. They also sell adult version of Barbie nowadays. I silently said to myself.

"Are you secretly a psycho or something? Because lemme tell you, a normal girl would smash me in the face if I drove them to Toys 'R' Us."

Hello... I'm clearly an extraordinary girl. Swore to God, I wanted to smash his brain right now. Not his face but brain. Well, technically I must hit his face first in order to get to his brain.

While I was lost in my crazy mind, he spoke again.

"You know our last chance to exit the highway is hundred meters away. I mean, it's not to late to turn-"

"Just go straight, Cole." I kept my tone firm.

"For fuck sake! Good thing it's you, not other human being." He growled.

I smiled in victory. Bianca 2, Cole 0.

Few complaints later, we parked and was about to get out of the car when he tried to open his mouth again. I raised my finger, cutting him.

"When did you become a carbon copy of Clinton? You both need to stop complaining in front of me." Opening the door without waiting for his response, I started to walk towards the entrance.