Chapter 29: Sweet Yet Addicting

Hi, readers!
Happy weekend to all of us. And, for Indonesians (me included), Happy Independence Day!
There is an exciting part in this chapter. Honestly, this is my favorite chapter so far!

PS: I'm out for dinner right now and gonna edit this chapter once I got home. So, warning! This chapter hasn't been edited. Still super raw

Please support The Girl Behind His Attitude by sharing, liking and commenting the story 😁

*****
When my night turned emptier
and the day past by heavier,
I realized something was missing.
My breath hitched a little tighter
everytime I remembered my mistake.
Soon, the aching heart was unbearable
That's when I knew
I liked you.
- Bianca
*****

Bianca's POV

Everytime I pressed the call button to his number, I felt a tiny hope blooming inside of me. Like a chance to make things right between us again. However, the second I put the phone on my ear, fear crept in. He wouldn't answer, Bianca. Stop trying! My subconscious scolded me. I wanted to cross sword with myself but she always won the duel.

"The number you have dialed cannot accept this call. Please leave a message after the beep."

Truthfully, I'd lost track of how many times I heard the voicemail. Over and over again yet it still broke my heart, knowing that he rejected me. At the same time, I never left any message since I thought it would also be deleted without being listened.

Almost a week had passed since I last saw Cole. There were times I wanted to drive and showed up unannounced at his place. But, what if he dismissed me bluntly? It would wound me deeper than a voicemail. When I missed him, I would come and ask Clinton for any update about him. However, he didn't give in. My brother said he didn't want to be stuck between us. By this time, I guessed he already found out that Cole and I had some kind of fling which ended soon before it even started.

Now, the big question was, where would it get us in near future? Or, was there still a fling?

Shaking of my head, I tried to differ my focus. Today was Monday and my interview would start in one hour. Since this morning, I received many good lucks from my relatives and friends, except him. As stupid as I had become, I still wished he would send me a short text or, maybe, said anything through Clinton. Yet, there was none.

The sound of a phone call in my bag distracted my thought as I stepped into Vogue's office. I looked through my bag with a small expectation. Maybe, it was him. My smile faded once I read the caller ID. It was Ivan, the troublemaker.

"Hey, cupcake. Ready for the big day?" He sounded way more excited than I did.

"Yeah, I think so." I replied while sighing quite loud that he might be able to hear.

"Don't be nervous. I know you can ace it."

For some reason, I disliked someone who cheered me up with high expectation crap. 'You can do it', 'you will pass it in a blink' or blaming the inteviewer by saying 'they are dumb if you are not hired'. Honestly, it didn't make me feel better. Worse, yes. I meant it was Vogue we were talking about. There was certainly no such thing as easy.

"If normal interview doesn't work, do it the dirty one." What the heck? Was he taken me as a bitch?

"Dirty one? Do you think I'm a slut?!" My emotion went up.

"N-o, no Bi—" He stuttered.

"Shut it! You never change, Ivan. It was my best decision to break up with you." I hang up the phone before he said anything.