Chapter 21: Unpleasant Surprise

Tell me, who doesn't love Halsey?

*****

Bianca's POV

"Why are we going back to the hall?" The shy little Pearl hesitatingly walked beside me.

"Because they are going to distribute the toys now." I cheered her, hoping that she would jump out of excitement.

"I don't want any toys. I hate them." She stopped and let go of my hand. Then, she folded it across her chest.

"There are dolls too. You can choose which one you want." Reaching up for her hand again, I smiled and persuaded her. "Come on, Pearl."

"No, I'm not going back. I don't like dolls nor any other toys." A loud dejection sigh could be heard from her.

Lowering myself to her height, I tried different tactic. "How about this, we all go back to the hall and let Joey picks his toy. Then, I'll give you what you want."

"I can ask anything?" I nodded. "Like anything, anything?" Once again, my head moved up and down.

Finally, she jumped out of happiness.

"So, is that a deal?" Raising my little finger to her face, she responded with a pinky promise.

"Okay, let's go! Joey, you better run for that Gundam toy you mentioned." Tapping his back twice, I saw him screaming blissfully before quickly sprinting away from me.

Stepping into the biggest room in this building, I found a huge mess of toys on the floor. As I looked closely, some of them weren't the ones I bought earlier. Did Cole sneakily purchase them? But he was with me when I paid and went out the same time as me. It wasn't possible he did this.

"Ah, Miss Williams! Let me introduce you to our new benefactor." The head facilitator approached me.

"New benefactor?" I repeated her word, more like a question.

"Yes. Perhaps you already know that man over there, sitting with the children." Following his pointing finger, I observed the man in a white business suit.

"Who is he?" Not leaving my eyes of him, I waited for her answer. Just then, the man turned around and a row of white teeth greeted me.

"Jason?" I couldn't believe he was here. On his own. Wow. What a man!

"Yes, he is. Since you two know each other, Pearl and I will leave you guys to have some privacy." She said, taking Pearl despite her growing pout.

"Don't forget your promise, Bianca!" Pearl shouted while following the head facilitator.

After those two left, I watched Jason striding to my direction. From his appearance, I could guess he was Mr. Dashing number 2 for all the lady staffs. They must be pretty happy about today. Two casanovas in one day.

"What a pleasant surprise!" He exclaimed cheerfully.

"Very pleasant indeed, Mr. Wylie." All of the places I had been, this was the least expected place to run into him. "What brings you here?"

"Humanity, I guess." His answer made both of us laughed. That answer was too good coming from a man like him. "What about you?"

"I was bored spending too much time at home. My mom comes here regularly so I thought why not giving myself a try." He nodded simultaneously, an action where people agreed to whatever other said without actually listening till the end.

"You know, my phone is always on. You can also give me a call when you are bored." Winking an eye at me, I felt warmness in my cheek.

"S-ure." I replied although I wasn't really sure that would happen.