Chapter 17

Bianca's POV

Recalling Grandma's expression last night got me distracted from the TV screen. I didn't know what kind of bravery possessed into me but words finally came out of my mouth.

"There won't be any marriage." I stated once again as a long silence and stunned was the only thing coming from her side.

"What?! Marriage is the only thing that will make them believe." An apparent gasp came in between each word she said.

"Make them believe? That's more like what YOU believe Grandma! Do you really think Cole will change just because of marriage?" I emphasized my sentences, loud and clear.

And again, silence was all I got for my question.

"It's his heart that needs to be changed, not his status. He doesn't need more money nor problems. His life is already great financially even when your company doesn't do well. One thing he has less than anyone around him is love. " Taking a breath, I tried to open up Grandma's mind. "You know Cole better than anyone. If you force him into this kind of marriage, he won't just tag along. He will rebel in any way he can and make sure your goal is ruined."

She looked away from me, distracting herself with a view of parked cars. I knew my words affected her as she was tapping nervously with her crossed arms.

"Do you think those investors are stupid?" This time, Grandma turned towards me with anger within her. She seemed taken aback by my question. For a split second, fear almost made me apologized to her but my defence was quick enough to fence it. "They have eyes and hearts Grandma. We can't deceive those. Once they notice the oddness in our plan, the-no-love situation or how unnatural we act-"

"Dammit! Just be in love with my grandson and all will be natural!" She talked with a loud voice then regretted it as soon as she finished her word. "Bianca... I"

Heat started making its way to my face. I was so angry that those words came easily out of her mouth. It sounded like I was just a robot who didn't have any feeling and could be given entirely to someone as a toy.

"Unbelievable! Is it that easy for you to play house just for MONEY?!" Getting closer to her, I might wish this action never happened someday. But for now, my ego won over me. "DO YOU EVEN HAVE HEART?"

"I-m sorry Bi-"

Fire was burning in my head as I kept my stare straight to her. If expression could talk, hers would scream 'shame' while running away from the scene. It was once in a lifetime situation to see her this in front of other.

"Save it! I just know the real you now. I guess the Povin's sisters were right." As soon as she was gonna open her mouth, I lifted my finger to stop her. "No matter how rich your family has become, the poor understanding between each other is still undeniable. While your son and daughter-in-law are worried about fixing Cole's behaviour, his grandma only care about how to conceal his behaviour for the sake of money, company and your pride?!"

Trying to stay unbothered, she clenched her fist and took a deep breath. "You don't understand the whole story."

"Yeah, I don't." Taking a step back while making sure she saw the smirk on my face, I continued the sentence. "And I don't plan to understand a story just to reason why you manipulate your grandson's future over a company."