Chapter Three

"You okay, kiddo?" His voice is harsh, rough, but still full of care. I look back at his scarred face and smile at him gently.

"Yeah." I whisper and look at the horizon. I have always loved being here and watching over the Village while sitting on Tsunade's head. "It's just... it still hurts..." I whisper as he sits next to me and looks over the village.

"It will always hurt." He says suddenly and looks at the sky. "But you have to let it slide, you have to forget and forgive them. I know that you missed them, and we all know how much you love them, especially that Uchiha." Ibiki murmurs and I blush at his remark, shaking my head furiously.

"I don't like him anymore!" I nearly yell, and shake my head again, while blushing.

"I am head of T&I headquarters." He laughs and then shakes his head. "I can tell from miles when they are lying." I blush even more and look down at my dangling legs. "And it's okay to love, Sakura. But you must take care of your heart and be sure that he is the one when you open your heart to him." He whispers again in gentle voice, as if he is talking to his daughter. I nod again and smile at his father like advices. "And as you have already fallen for him, you can't just push him out of your heart. So, that means that you need to learn how to forgive them." I nod again, tears filling my eyes.

"Don't worry, child." He whispers and side-hugs me. "They will soon realize how strong and beautiful you truly are." He whispers again and I nod, tears still streaming down my face.

***

"Hey, Sakura-chan!" Hinata appears in front of me out of nowhere. "How are you?" She asks me and without waiting for my response, she hugs me tightly.

"I am okay, Hinata-chan." I whisper gently and put my head on her shoulders. "Where... where are they?"

"At Tsunade-sama's office." Hinata whispers and lets me go. "And she is calling you, too. Something is urgent." She whispers and I nod, shunshining away to her office.

****

"What happened?" I ask as soon as I land my feet on the floor. And then I look up, only to be met with her worried and scared eyes. "Kaa-San." I say lowly and she motions forward.

"Akatsuki has attacked Suna." Tsunade whispers and I freeze on place. "They took Gaara and Kankuro is poisoned." She looks down. "Sakura... you know everything about them." I nod and prepare to leave. "Team Gai will accompany you in the mission, you leave in an hour." She turns at Kakashi and tells that to them. "Sakura, you go now." I nod and shunshin away at the entrance of the Konoha.

****

When I approached Suna, I can barely breath. I have been running all day, without stopping. My eyes are darting from one place to another. Guards let me in without any hesitation and I run directly at the hospital, where Kankuro should be.

"Sakura!" Temari yells happily and nervously. "Can you... help him?" She leads me towards Kankuro, who is sweating. I look at him and nod, starting to prepare the antidote.

***

When they arriver I had already treated Kankuro. And I met Chiyo-Baa-Chan, who was impressed by my skills. While waiting for them to come, so we can look for Gaara, I was wondering about Akatsuki members, from what I have heard the two members who attacked Suna had to be Sasori of the Red Sand and Deidara from Iwa.

"Sakura?" Kakashi asks me and I look at him, lifting my eyebrow. "We are going." I nod and we start heading towards where the hideout has to be.

"So, why did you left without us?" Tenten asks me in angry voice. "We thought you might wait for us!"

"Tsunade ordered me to go ahead." I say while smiling gently. "And luckily I did, I could barely save his life." I smile again and she nods, satisfied with my answer.

***

"Gai..." Kakashi whispers to the man in spandex next to him. The said man looks at his opponent with eyes full of disappointed. "You know what happened to Sakura? She has changed, so much."

"Maybe if you have been there for her, you would know." Gai answers rather coldly and looks at the cherry blossom in front of them. "Sakura... she has been through a lot... and everything occurring to her since that day is not affecting her."

"What day?" Naruto asks in curious way and looks at Kakashi. "What is he talking about?"

"I don't know." Kakashi whispers ashamed and Sasuke glares at him.

"The day her parents died..." Gai answers instead of Kakashi and looks at the pink blossom running in front of them, her short chopped hair flying around with the wind and determined look in her eyes saying more than needed.