Chapter Seventeen

The next few days went in blur. I couldn't understand what time it was or what I was doing. Days passed without me noticing it and I was starving.

Usually, I would be sleeping or meditating, restoring my chakras and using them to stay alive. The nutrition I was receiving because of them, needed to be cured and my chakra was wasted on curing it. Thus, I wasn't really hungry. But I  was tired, all the time.

Couple of times someone from the gang would visit me, to see how I was holding up and they were fascinated by what I have been doing. And they couldn't interfere with it.

Suddenly the bright light blinds me for a few seconds as the door opens and reveals all the members in the gang. Cloaks are covering most of their body, but I still can see their faces. And I have remembered the names.

Deidara. The bomber.

Sasori. The puppeteer.

Kakuzu. String man.

Hidan. Immortal jerk.

Itachi. The traitor.

Kisame. Shark man.

Pein. The leader.

Konan. Paper girl.

Tobi. Still don't know what he is doing here.

Zetsu. Flesh eating plant.

These are the members of the Akatsuki and I am even scared to think what they are up to.

"Get up." Pein shouts command at me and forces me to stand. My legs are jelly and I can barely stand.

Itachi and Kisame start dragging me out of the room and into the open space. The walls around us are made of iron and I can see that no matter how I tried with the situation I am in now, I can't escape.

"Fight." Pein orders and pushes Sasori forward with his puppets. I bite my lip. I can't fight in this state. But if I want to live... I have to escape.

My parents always told me to storage my powers for time, when I will have do or die situation. And I did. Now it is time to use the things I have learned.

"Earth release: muddy dome." I whisper and start making hand signs. The large walls around us start building, making it impossible for others to interfere. "Wind Release: Thousands storms!" I yell and with this I understand how seriously I will have to fight.

***

Sweat is running down my forehead, mixing with blood. The substance then falls on the ground, disappearing in the mud.

He is standing in front of me. His eyes blazing red. His hair flying around with the wind and blood oozing from the wound on stomach. I have managed to lock them all in my Sleeping Poison Genjutsu, but I wasn't able to trap him in it. And it isn't surprise. After all, he is the strongest Uchiha.

"Played nice." He says with soft smile on his lips. "But I can't let you go, Sakura." The way he pronounces my name, makes me think that he feels guilty.

I open my mouth, but close it immediately. I don't have much chakra left and he knows it.

"But I can't let you stay." He mumbles and smiles. "Run... go back in the village. You have whole day ahead and after that... we will start chasing you." He whispers and turns his back on me. I take it as a signal and start running with all the power I have left inside of me.

I can see their amused faces, when they hear my real story. I can see how amused and scared they are. And I can even detect pity inside their orbs.

"So, that's why you know them." Shikamaru whispers and I nod. He looks down on the grounds and starts thinking.

I drift my gaze at others and then stop at Kakashi and Naruto. I can see them boiling in anger. I can see their need and thirst for blood. But they can't change what has happened before.

"How long have you been there?" Naruto asks me suddenly and I freeze on spot. How long? Long enough to study them. Long enough to start hating them. And even loving them in strange and mad way.

"Four months." I whisper and look down at the ground. All the attention is on me and I smile. I can understand them, no one knew it, but Tsunade. "I think. Maybe more, who knows?" I whisper again with small smile appearing on my lips.

Naruto steps forward and opens his mouth to say something. In that moment, I think about stopping him, but I let him talk. I want to know what he has to say for himself and mistakes of his teacher.

"We are sorry, Sakura." He whispers in guilty tone. "We didn't know... or we... we would have helped. You know how much you mean to us." He whispers again, angering me with every single word he says.

"No." My answers surprises him. "I don't know. You have left when I needed you the most. You have abandoned me and never even cared enough to send a letter. All you thought about was Sasuke and how you were going to return him. You claimed it was for me. Yes, I did ask you that. But I didn't want to lose you to." I whisper with tears filling my eyes. But I push them back. "I needed a friend Naruto and you left. I needed a teacher, Kakashi and you disappeared, because you couldn't see potential in me. And now, when I stand here tall and strong you crawl back to me. Asking forgiveness from me." I sigh and close my eyes. "You are pathetic trash. Remember? You told me it yourself. The people who disobey rules are trash, but people who abandon their friends are worse than trash." I whisper the words I have memorized and sigh. "So, now... tell me, guys... who are you?"

None of them says a word. Hurt appears on Naruto's face, but he knows that I am right. Heck, everyone knows I am right. They left me, abandoned me and didn't even bother to ask about me. And now, when I am stronger than them, they want me back.

Huh, as if I am going back with them.