Chapter Twenty -One

I keep biting my bottom lip. My whole body is shaking from the coldness and numbness spread in the air. I have this unsettling feeling eating me alive.

"Sakura?" Hinata approaches me with steady footsteps and silenced breathing. I turn around to face her pale eyes. Her bluish hair is falling around her face and soft smile is adoring her lips.

"Hinata." I greet her with a small smile, which doesn't reach my eyes. She nods and sits beside me on the snowy ground. At first, I look at her, but soon my gaze shifts back at the view.

"I... they sent me to tell you." She whispers and coughs. I look at her with expectation in my eyes. "Raikage... he... he wants Sasuke dead." She whispers and looks down at her fragile fingers. "Naruto is... talking to him right now... but I don't think he will change his mind."

I nod. I have nothing else to say. Or what should I tell her? That I feel sorry? I don't. I still... I still love Uchiha Sasuke. And I still need him by my side. But... I can't let him live.
Not when he is our enemy.

"Does... Naruto really believes that he can change his mind?" Hinata nods and I sigh. "And even if he does. What about Sasuke? Will he be able to change him?"

The silence falls between us. The unspoken words say it all.

I close my eyes and sigh in a low voice with pain eating me alive from inside.

***

Leaves are dancing as the soft breeze brushes past them. The scent of flowers and trees are surrounding me and making me forget about my mission for a minute. But only for a minute.

He is standing in front of me. His black hair shaped in a duck butt. His coal eyes sinking deep into mines. The water is flowing around us, but we don't pay attention.

The girl, whose name is supposed to be Karin, is bleeding near the bridge and with my chakra, I am barely able to heal her from here.

"You have to kill her, not heal her." He sighs and shakes his head. I don't say anything. I don't even know what to tell him.

He still has broken my heart and he... he is still responsible for many things, that occurred in my life.

"What are you doing here, Sakura?" He asks me after a short time in silence. I have never seen him like that before. His eyes... they are almost warm. Almost.

"I don't know." I admit after the slight hesitation. What am I doing here? Why did I come here?

"Why did you come?" He asks me again, coming a bit nearer.

"To kill you." I admit with a sigh and step forward. He smirks at me and smiles at me.

"Will you be able to do that?" He whispers and appears directly in front of me. I can feel his cool breath on my face.

"I..." I close my mouth and my eyes. My breathing hitches and I bite my lower lip. When I open my eyes, I look down at my feet and stare at the water with reflections in it. "Yes." I murmur and look away behind him.

I can feel someone softly touching my chin and gently forcing me to turn to face him. His obsidian eyes are boring inside my emerald orbs and I can feel a tiny blush tinting my cheeks.

"Will you, Sakura?" He whispers again and smiles softly. His lips seem inviting and warm. I start biting my lip, out of nervousness, all of my insides twisting from the feeling, his touch gave me.

I want to yell at him for things he has done, I want to shout at him, hit him, kill him, but I can do nothing. As I am still the same weak girl, when it comes to Uchiha Sasuke.

He moves forward, his nose touching mine and then softly pushing his lips against mine, making me forget about the reason why I have run after him.