Chapter Eighteen

People keep dying. Either from our side or other. We are loosing. Even though people have managed to kill several other members of the Akatsuki, we are loosing and I can feel it.

My guts is telling me that something big is coming up. And we won't like whatever it is going to be.

"What are you thinking about, kiddo?" He smiles at me. He rarely does that, but when he does the fatherly care spreads inside my veins.

"Ah, nothing." I whisper and smile. "Ibiki-San... I think something is going to happen." I whisper in barely audible voice, but he nods.

He sits next to me at the head of Hokages monument and smiles. He looks over the village and I can see fondness and love in his eyes.

"I know." He nods. "And I fear what might come." He adds in lower voice. "But... whatever it is going to happen... We have to be ready for it."

And he poofs away. He goes away, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

***

First thing that I hear is the sound of bombs. Then I can feel earth shaking beneath me from it. Alarms start going off and people are running around, scared. I immediately teleport at the main gates to see whatever is happening.

And then... I spot him. With his spiked orange hair and piercings on his whole body. He has arrived with his other bodies. And they are all here to kill us.

***

First few seconds are swirl. I can barely breath or think. The fear is creeping up on me as I remember the powers he holds.

"Be aware of him." I warn ninjas around me. "He is the leader." I whisper and they nod. Now, they won't be careless. I hope.

I don't know what forces me, but I teleport in front of him. The main one. He smirks. And looks directly in my eyes.

"Here we meet again." He speaks in cold tone and I try my best to hold the shiver inside.

"Here we meet again." I whisper and bite my lower lip.

"The last Haruno."

"The leader."

We start running at each others' directions at the same time and jump at the same time. He sends his magnetic thingy at me, while I try to trap him in my Mud Dome. It worked first time.

***

The time has stopped for me. The only thing I can understand is the fight and the enemy. We are still fighting. And no, the dome didn't work. This time.

My right arm is bleeding and I have large gash on my back. And large wound on my stomach. To be honest, I can barely stand. But I can't show him my weakness.

And I have destroyed one of his bodies. The one, who called the large animals.

"You can't win." He says in monotone cold voice. I smirk.

"Who said that I was going to win?" I ask in innocent voice and smile. "I may die. But if I fall, you fall with me." I start running at his direction, my fist covered with dark blue chakra. And I hit him. I manage to hit him in the jaw and he flies back. But before I am able to see what's else is going on, I fall down.