Chapter Thirteen

I watch the arrow of the clock as it passes the numbers. The time is flying and I am here, sitting on the chair and staring at the clock. It has been three weeks since Sasuke left. And everything seems same... so same.
Naruto followed Sasuke, taking Sai and Yamato with him. Kakashi disappeared... and I feel lonely. So lonely.

"Sakura-chan?" Tsunade gently puts her hand on my shoulder and smiles as I look at her. Her hazel eyes are scanning the whole room and then stops at the clock. "What are you doing here?" Currently I am in her office, not wanting to be left alone, again.

"I want a mission." I whisper and look away from her. She hasn't sent me in any since I was released from the hospital. I can detect hesitation in her eyes, but she says nothing.

"Let's see what I can find." She sighs finally and goes back to the table. I follow her movements and stare at her while she looks through the papers.

Her eyes are trailing the words written on the white sheet. She occasionally looks up at me with worry inside of her eyes. And every time I give her the best smiles I can master.

"Tsunade-sama?" I whisper in a low voice, which causes her to freeze on place. I have nearly never called her that.

"Yes?" She asks me hesitant and scared. Her eyes scan me and then the whole room. "What happened, Sakura?"

"I..." I start whispering, but I soon find my voice breaking and cracking. "Can I see the secret folders about... Haruno Clan?" I manage to whisper them aloud and she nods.

She stands up and motions for me to follow, and I oblige. She opens one of the doors and leads me in it. The whole room is dark, lighted with couple of candles. Papers are rowed in the cases and shelves. I can see names of some of the clans I have known.

'Nara'

'Yakamana'

'Akamichi'

Even 'Uchiha' and 'Uzumaki' are among the papers. My eyes are drifting from one place to another and I awe at the information held inside this small room.

"Someday, I may let you read all of this." Tsunade tells me with soft smile on her lips. "But, until now, you need only this." She hands me some yellowish papers and I smile as I see the clan name crafted on it.
'Haruno'

"Sakura." She calls me, before I am able to leave her office with bright smile on my lips. "Don't... don't take things near the heart." She whispers and gives me tight smile. I nod, not really knowing what she meant by this. And shunshin away.

****
I start reading the papers as soon as I get home. I lock the doors and sit comfortably on my bed, so no one and nothing can interrupt me.

Haruno Clan

Haruno Clan is one of the oldest and most powerful clans in the world. The founder of this clan was Haruno Matsumi, who had extraordinary power over Sakura Trees.
After getting married to Senju Sakito, he had a daughter, named Sakura and son named Sakumi. Both of them were powerful and strong, stronger than anyone has dreamt of.

Sakura was beautiful. She had long pink hair and emerald green orbs. She was the first in her Clan to awake Naniris. Her brother Sakumi was eldest, thus he became the Heir of the Clan, while Sakura became traveler, helping people all around the world.

Sakura soon was dragged in the war between Uchiha and Senjus. She couldn't pick a side as Senjus were her relatives and she was in love with Uchiha.

Things got more complicated when her lover died. She was devastated and wanted the end of the war like no other. She helped Uchiha Madara and Senju Hashirama to end the war and together they founded the Village Hidden in the Leaves, Konoha.

She wasn't able to persuade her brother to live in the village, but she stayed there. She soon became one of the most beloved person in the village. And with her strength and beauty there were a lot of people wanting to marry her.

But she couldn't pick anyone, as her heart still belonged to her dead lover. Every night she would cry herself to sleep, dreaming about a boy she had lost.

When the two of three founders starting fighting again, Sakura couldn't stand away and she decided to stop them, which caused her death.

Since then Harunos hated Konoha and they were warring with Uchihas and Senjus. But soon, there weren't many Harunos left.

Some people managed to escape the power hungry people hunting on them. Few managed to have their name known across all the nations. They were the ones who did the deed and the ones who were feared. But mostly Harunos became civilians to save themselves and their children.

Side Note : it is believed that descendants of Sakumi Haruno live in Konoha. Last known Harunos in the village are Kizashi and Mebuki Haruno with their daughter Sakura.

I close the book with tears in my eyes, but I don't let them fall. I bite my lip and look at the old, worn out book and papers in my hand. I now partly understand why I wasn't allowed to use my powers. But I want to find out more and for this I have to read more about it.

I sigh and look at the scripts at my hands and with another loud groan I open them again to read.