Chapter Twenty-Two

I stare at his obsidian eyes and sink into it. The small smirk is plastered on his thin lips and his pale features is morphed into warm and kind and caring expression.

"What...What...?" I whisper in a scared and shocked voice, my eyes wide with fear. I still can feel his soft touch of lips against mine. I bite my lower lip, just to feel his taste again.

"Sakura." He whispers my name gently and puts his hands smoothly on my face. He cups my face again and leans closer to me. I am about to lean back into the kiss, when senses come back to my mind.

"No!" I nearly shout and push him away. He looks at me a bit confused. I have tried so hard. I wanted to forget him, to move on from him. And yet, here I am kissing him. "You... you left me!" I shout at him with tears filling my eyes, and making him blurry. "You left me! You... you don't even care about me!" I slowly start sobbing and painful expression comes on his face.

"Don't say that..." He whispers in velvet voice and slowly brushes my hair away from my face. "I love you." He whispers again and puts his forehead on mine. His gentle actions take me aback. I don't know how to act or what to say. I have never seen him like that.

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto's voice is dooming in the waterfall and when I look at him, I can see the confusion written on his face, which soon is replaced with large smile.

Even from his expression, I can tell what he is thinking about. That we are finally together and that maybe Sasuke will come back home. It is always about Sasuke, and never about me.

"I... I need to go." I whisper, taking a step back, wiping away the tears flowing down my face. His eyes drift at my face, obsidian sinking into emerald. The sadness emitting from his gaze is trapping me, making me feel the emotions, I wished to block long ago.

"Don't." Sasuke whispers, grabbing my hand, and forgetting staring Naruto altogether. "Don't leave me." He whispers in a barely audible voice, which is enough for me to make me freeze at my place.

His tone and his words are causing me to tear into to different parts. One part of my desires me to stay here, console him and never leave him alone. While, wiser part of me urges me to slit his throat open and leave him bleeding to his death.

While there is the third one. The little, tiny part, telling me to slowly walk away, leaving him a small chance of returning after redemption of his actions.

"Sasuke..." I mumble his name, unable to think of anything else. But it seems as if I don't even have to think about it.

Kakashi is observing us from a bit afar, while there is another chakra, which isn't taking eyes away from us.

As if everyone is waiting for my answer. But the problem is that I don't have one. I can't have one. I don't know what to tell him or how to tell him.

I know I can't stay with him, but at the same time, I have no strength to leave him. Because despite all the things he has done in the past, there is some stupid part of me, who still loves him.

"Sasuke... I..." I gulp, but stop talking as soon as I feel another presence just behind me.

"We need to go." His voice is childish, but cold. His eye is burning holes at the back of my skull.

Oookaaaay.

I am sorry. No, I am really, truly sorry. It's just... there are no ideas coming to me about this book, thus I have to think a lot before writing it all down. And the fact that this month is a bit hectic for me, isn't really helping.

So, not to lie to you, I don't know when I will be updating this story again. But I will try to make it soon.