Chapter Seven

Nighttime. I have always loved nights, even when I was younger. I would go out for a walk and wander around, studying neon lights and people stumbling back home.
My parents never liked it, but they couldn't ban it from me as well. I have always felt stronger in the night, and had feeling as if the night was calling for me.
I didn't know the reason back then, but I know now. Because we, Haruno are the children of the night.
Even now, when I am walking past drunken men, neon lights and bars which emit the smell of alcohol, I feel free. My spirit rises and I feel happy. The moon is shining down on me, as if shielding me from danger and twinkling stars are lighting my way back home.

"Sakura-chan?" I hear confused voice from behind and stop. I turn back, just to see worried Naruto. "What are you doing here, so late? It can be dangerous." He whispers and comes nearer.

"Don't worry." I assure him and smile, but my smile fades as soon as I notice Uchiha next to him. "Nothing can go wrong here." I force another smile and turn to go further away from them, from him.

"Wait!" Naruto calls out again and I turn to him, slightly annoyed. "We can walk you home." I am about to reject his offer, when he adds. "Please." I sigh, annoyed and irritated.

"Okay." I murmur and wait for them to approach me.
The walk is silent. I am in the middle while Naruto is on the right side, when Sasuke is on the left. Neither of them says a word, and despite it is awkward, I like silence.
I steal glances at both of them and smile inwardly. Every time I look at Naruto, love fills my heart, love of the brother. And then... I look at Sasuke, and I can't name the feeling I am feeling towards him. Every time I look at him, my heart starts bumping weirdly, and I start blushing, but at the same time... I hate him. I hate him so much.

"Sakura?" His voice is deep, and his onyx eyes never leave my face. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing." I utter and look away from his mesmerizing gaze. "Nothing you should know of." I add in rather cold voice and spot my apartment.

I turn to Naruto, giving him one of my best smiles, and then I nod coldly at Uchiha.

"Thanks guys." I whisper and run toward my house, never sparing another glance at the two boys behind.

***

"Teme?" Sasuke speaks first, staring at the door of pink haired kunoichi.

"Yeah?" Naruto doesn't even pay attention to his hated nickname and looks at the door as well. It pains him to see his little sister-figure like that.

"We have messed up, haven't we?" Sasuke asks and looks at Naruto, which nods.

"And we have no idea how to change that." He whispers back to Sasuke and turns back. "Come, we have to go home."