Chapter Nine

"Remember Sakura-chan, never underestimate your opponent." He smiles at me and pats my head. "He or she might turn out the strongest person you have ever encountered."

I recall this words in my head as I stand in front of him. I have never considered them to be true, but now, when I am standing in front of the genius, I admit it to be right.

"What's wrong?" Ibiki calls from the distance, but I don't respond. I have to think of the plan, and I have to think fast. In front of me, with his infamous pineapple head, is standing Shikamaru Nara. The genius of Nara clan.

Tsk. He has already something in his mind. I can see this from the way he looks at me, and yawns. He never yawns unless he knows what to do, unless it isn't interesting for him anymore.

I close my eyes and let the soft breeze brush against my skin, it usually helps me to consider the situation I am in.

"Shadow Jutsu." He whispers loudly enough for me to hear it and then boom, I am caught in the Jutsu.

I don't try to move, I know it will be just the waste of strength. Instead, I close my eyes tighter, concentrating on the surroundings.

I smirk. I know what I have to do. I have been practicing it for about a month now and even though it isn't perfect, I can try it.

"Dancing Strings..." I whisper and open my eyes, looking directly in Shikamaru's. This Jutsu is from Haruno Clan, it is like chakra strings, but stronger and makes me able control him without even lifting a finger.
Suddenly Nara Prodigy freezes on spot, no longer able to move his body.

"W-what is that?" He stutters and looks at me shocked. The whole gang around us are staring, not believing their eyes.
I make him dismiss the Jutsu and as soon as I am free, my own Jutsu fades as well. I fall on the ground, tired and barely breathing.

"What's wrong?" Tsunade runs to me and helps me up, while eyeing me suspiciously. "You shouldn't have used it, Sakura. Haruno Jutsus are dangerous and if you don't know how to use it properly you shouldn't use it." She tells me in strict voice and I nod, happy to win over Shikamaru.

"That was... impressive." Shikamaru comments and smiles at me. "I wasn't waiting anything like that."

I nod, too tired to say anything. And then everything starts spinning and turning black.

***

Sakura starts falling forward, only to be caught by Tsunade. She looks at her with love in her eyes and shakes her head.

"It's nothing." She whispers to people around her and smiles. "She is just tired." With this she shunshins away with her daughter and leave confused and shocked people behind.

"How could she do that?" Confused Naruto turns to his friend, whose onyx eyes never left the pink blossom. "Did she do some Jutsu?"

"It seems so." Sasuke whispers and smirks. "But she didn't use any signs or anything. She just looking in his eyes." He whispers again, shocked at the power of his former teammate.

"You don't know a lot about her." Sai appears out of nowhere and looks at the place where Tsunade was standing a minute ago. Sasuke grunts, as he strongly dislike his new teammate. "She is stronger than she lets us see."

"What do you mean?" Naruto yells and looks at Sai, annoyed.

"What I mean dickless, is that she is stronger than you two together." Sai has monotone voice and tilts his head while talking about Sakura. "If she uses her potential fully she can wipe half of the village with her one finger." He adds and looks back at Kakashi and Yamato. "Can't she?"

"Indeed she can." Yamato says and looks away from his team captain. "And she will once she sees the need of it." He adds in a low voice and turns at Kakashi. "And Kakashi-San... she might want revenge... revenge on you leaving her."

Kakashi nods, ashamed of himself and what he has done. Ashamed of the fact that he left one of his student behind, in order to protect her, as if she needed it. He left the one who reminded him of his own teammate. The teammate he killed.