Chapter 3

Right now I'm sitting in the car with Carl, Rick, and Lori. I think I like carl, he makes me have that feeling that you are not sure if you like them or not. Although, he probably doesnt like me back.

We were in the car listening to One Republic on a CD I found on a run.

I think we were heading towards the CDC. Half of me was saying that if we go to the CDC my parents work at, to leave. That side was saying that my dad might bring up the whole immune thing. If he is even alive. And for the other side, was saying I should be happy to see my parents.

Being me I always think about the glass being "half full" instead of being "half empty".

"So Veronica" Rick starts, slowly turning down the radio. "tell us more about yourself."

"Ummm....., well as you know, my name's Veronica, im 13 years old. I was born in New York and moved to Atlanta when I was 5. My dad was a plumber" obviously making that part up "Mom was a lawyer. You know, just living a normal girl's life. What else is there to know?" making it a statement more than a question.

Rick nodded his head and turned the music back up. My eyes started to get heavy and I fell asleep, leaning on Carl's shoulder.

-----------

I woke up about 45 minutes later and I was almost sunset. I looked outside to see a sight that looked awfully familiar. It was the CDC!

On the outside I had a smile spread across my face but in the inside I was jumping for joy. Carl must have noticed I was happy because he asked why I was smiling. I just stared at him as my smile grew, turning my attention right back to the infested world.

We pulled up infront as everyone stepped out of their vehicles and walked up to a couple of garage-like doors.

Rick said that he saw the camera move. Nobody believed him and he started to scream. It attracked a bunch of walkers and we were now surrounded.

I saw a bright light shine from behind us. I quickly ran into through the door while everyone just stood there. "Let's go!" I yell to them.

A man came from around the corner with a shotgun pointing it right at me as the group started to come in through the doors. I noticed him and he noticed me. It was my dad.

The world felt like it was going in slow motion as we ran into each others arms.

I found him, the man I was looking for,  the only family I have left.

---------
Hey everyone im back!!!!!! Promised ya! Vote, comment, and follow me! Bye!

~Sami