Chapter 10

I woke up with a sharp pain in my ribs but couldn't see anything. "Is she going to be okay" I heard someone ask.

"I don't know Carl, she got the bad part of the shot. Worse than you" a voice replied.

Come on! Wake up already! I tried and I tried but I still couldn't open my eyes or talk.

I give up but when I no longer hear voices my eyes shoot open. I sit straight up and scream in pain.

After a couple seconds I hear people running up stairs. Where am I? How did I even get here?

The people finally reach to top of the stairs and burst into my room. Random people come over me and all give me hugs and soothing words.

While I, sit there completely clueless!!! "Veronica?" Someone says out of the crowd of people. A kid about my age slowly walks up to me.

"Who are you?" I ask "Who are you people?"

That one last question made the world go in slow motion. People started to cry into others shoulders and some people just stood there staring in shock.

A man with a crossbow just stood there looking into my soul, then he just storms out of the room.

Why do these people act like they care about me when I don't even know them?!?

An older man walks over to me and checks a blood bag that is attached to my arm. For some reason this man looks so fimilliar.

He looks exactly like my dads friend Hershal! "How are you feel in sweetie?" The old man asks me.

"My stomach hurts" I say lying back down "How bout you hershal?" the man stares at me in shock and gets up to escort the other people out of the room.

He stares at me for a second and says "You have a good memory of the past v- bug" Hershal was the only person that called me that when I was a kid.

" Yeah but I'm clueless right now. Like, who are those people?" I ask swinging my legs over the bed and sitting up.

"Don't worry about that right now. All you need to know is that you were shot and that you lost your memory. But not memories from the past." Hershal also was the only other person to know that my dad gave me immune medicine. Other than my father.

He helps me stand up and holds my waist while walking down the stairs. We reach the living room to see all those people, and they just stare daggers at me.

Hershal leads me to the kitchen to be met with my best friend in the entire universe. Beth Greene.

She runs over to me and hugs me so tight I can't breath. Luckily, my abdomen doesn't hurt anymore. "Room getting dark" I stutter and she stops hugging me and steps back (Beth is veronica and Carl's age in this, so no bethyl!) 

"How have u been v?" V was my nickname from the rest of the Greene family.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to be met with Maggie Greene. "Long time no see" She says , I leap into her arms and give her a big bear hug

Carl's POV:

Hershal comes back from the kitchen and takes a seat in a chair. "She only remembers the past " He starts " It may take a long time for her to remember you guys. Or she might never remember anything" He stops and looks around at every one then walks back into the kitchen.

What I just heard crushed my soul. I start to tear up and my mom notices.

She pulls me onto her lap and rocks me back in forth. OK! I'll admit, I'm in love with Veronica Jenner!