Chapter 33

That can only mean one thing. Lori had her baby!

I run down the stairs and into the cell that the crying came from. Only to see Beth taking care of her, not Lori. "Where's your mom?"

He doesn't answer me, he just stands there with tears running down his face. "She died" he says after a long moment of silence.

Now it's my turn to not answer back. Just like he did to me, I stare at him blankly, with no words to say. "Where is everyone else? Carol, Ashton, Luke, Calum, Mikey?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"Follow me" he says. I follow him back up the stairs to the last cell only to see Luke lying on his back, dead.

"NO!" I scream as I run over to Luke's lifeless body.

"He's gone," Ashton says as he walks into the cell "same with Michael."

"How did this happen?!"

Ashton walks over to Luke's dead body and pulls up his bloodstained shirt. He's bit, but isn't fully dead, so he'll be turning into a walker any second."Technically he's still alive, hasn't turned yet."

"When was the last time he was awake?"

"Couple minutes ago."

I walk over to Luke and shake his shoulder, trying to see if he would wake up.....human. "Luke? You awake?" He starts to move around until he opens his eyes. But they're not the ocean blue eyes that I know, they're a yellowish color. He's gone.

"Veronica," I turn around to see Rick standing in the doorway "I'm going to meet the Governor, keep an eye out for the baby for me?" (A/N: I forget most of this season so stuff might be a bit out of order!)

"Sure," I give one last look to Luke, get my pocket knife out and hand it to Ash "You can do it."

I walk down to the baby's cell and feed her the bottle of milk that Carol gave me.

After she drank it all, I put her in her crib to sleep and go to my cell. I lay down in Ashton's bed and stare at the bottom of the bunk. "Hey" I hear a voice say.

I look over at Ashton as he walks in and sits at the end of the bed."Hi." He hands me back my knife and I put it on the nightstand. Ashton lays down next to me and also looks up. "I'm sorry about Luke and Mikey."

"It's okay."

"Do you remember me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind"

"No, really, tell me!"

"I know something about you..."

"Okay?"

"You were the drummer for 5 Seconds of Summer..."

Ashton just looks at me like he did the other night "And....."

"We met at one of your concerts...."

"Oh yeah! You and your friend...ah! What's her name?"

"Fran."

"Oh yeah!"

We sit in a comfortable silence after that. No talking at all, the prison seems so quiet and peaceful. "I'm tired, I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up if the baby cries?"

Ashton nods his head and puts his arm around me as I drift off to sleep.